​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SUSAN AND NBC TELEVISION

Hi Ginger,

I was just wondering if you (or anyone else reading this) know anything about this ....

I have a typewritten piece of paper with NBC Color Television heading as follows :

"Exclusive to you in your area

FROM ENGLAND.... Susan Hayward is interviewed by Jack Linkletter on NBC-TV's "Here's Hollywood" (Tuesday, Oct.2 (2.30-255 p.m. PDT: 3.30-3.55 p.m. CDT) Near London, where she is starring in a new film. During their talk, which will be broadcast in color, she tells how her industrialist husband,
Easton (?) Chalkley, feels about her return to pictures."

Now I have seen nothing about this programme - it certainly wasn't shown in the U.K. - does anyone remember anything about it?

TRISH

Re: SUSAN AND NBC TELEVISION

Trish, I have been looking for a copy of that show forever. I do remember "Here's Hollywood." Also, I remember commercials about that particular show being on, and I thought I had the correct date, but when I sat down to watch it , it wasn't that show. I was just sick, and I have never been able to find anything else pertaining to it. I'm wondering if the interview was cancelled. I just don't know. Maybe it will turn up someday like maybe a copy of Joey Bishop or Mame!

Trish,
Your post was a trip down memory lane for me. I remember that show-50 years
ago-and the fact that Susan was supposed to be interviewed on it. I thought
I remembered that a basball game-in fact the Worls Series-was shown during
that time slot instead. I was( as my mother used to say ) fit to be tied!!

Elaine, so that is what it was!!! I wonder if they ever showed it!! I have been mad all my life about missing that.. ha

btw, I am trying to practice more with this dvd to youtube stuff, and I will try to see what I can do with the dvds you sent..not promising because doing this stuff is not easy for me..but I haven't forgotten..thank you!