​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

How and where you learned of Susan's death strikes me as staggering, too--the fact that you were right there when the owner of the restaurant relayed the sad news! (Although the way Susan suffered at the end, it seems as if her death was a blessing to her.)

I have to admit that I was aware of her---but had not seen her films or known anything about her until I first read Beverly Linet's book a couple of years ago---and then found this Board. Reading about her and watching her act in films like "I'll Cry Tomorrow" made me wonder how I had missed out knowing more about her all these years. I have sure tried to make up for missed time, though!

After reading 3 books about her, I have now ordered a 4th---and though much of what is said in them may not be true, I do not have any other way to learn at least a little bit about her, as her sons--understandably--must have found it an overwhelming undertaking to write about someone so personal to them.

I must certainly have heard of Susan's death, when I lived in London, but, while I would have acknowledged how sad this news was.......I would not been at all familiar with her life.

Lynn