​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN...AND THE BOOK..."RED"...

I guess I do have a couple more comments to make on the post I just put on here. If it is...as Trish said..that it took the author almost 10 years to write the book 'RED'...then I think I will have to agree with what TIM wrote early on...about this book...when he said 'in one word'..."TRASH".
I agree with Tim and think it was the worse book ever written on his mother.

That's o.k. Errol.

Ginger, I scanned the book cover as I mentioned and sent it by e.mail to you.
Hope you can put it up on the site and see the difference from the American version of RED.

TRISH

Hi Trish et al:

I am very confused about the two books "Red" and "Brooklyn's Scarlett." Have not read either one and when I went on Amazon I couldn't figure out which book to read. "Red" seems to have only one author -- Gene Arceri -- while the other has Arceri and LaGuardia. Also, "Red" got only one customer review while the other got many more reviews and seems to be the one that relied on the key interviews (which have been discussed by many on this board).

Looking at the cheesy cover of "Red" I am inclined to believe that this book is not worthy of my time and of course Tim called it "trash." I would venture to say that Tim of all people can be trusted to not lead us astray. That said, is "Brooklyn's Scarlett" worth the effort?

I already have Beverly Linet's book as well as "A Star is a Star" and Moreno's coffee table book. I am always eager to read something with more insights into Susan's life and career, but I don't want to waste my time on inaccurate and poorly written stuff.

Looking forward to a clarification about these two books.

Jill

Jill....it is "RED" that has the two authors listed and "BROOKLYN'S SCARLETT" only one author...(I think)...I know that "RED" has both men listed as the authors.

Okay, Trish, thanks.. I just saw this, so will check my email tomorrow and try to get it on here.