​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan Hayward/Mural/Carrollton, Georgia/facebook comments

Penny Gardin Lewis-- This mural was painted by the artist Alan Kuykendall. The Carrollton Cultural Arts Center will soon be under construction as a 4 story hotel is being built that will attach to the building. So, we don't know if the mural will be able to stay. But Carrollton citizens have sure enjoyed it

Nelah Smith Gabler-- When I was a little girl she came to a horse show that my grandparents took us to around Tallapoosa. They were proud of their local movie star!

Linda Hines Southard-- My older brother went to Georgia Military Academy (GMA) with her sons. They would come home with him from time to time and practice their swim team strokes in our pool! They were SO adorably cute and yes, I had major crushes! Miss Susan sat right behind me with her knees in my back for their entire graduation ceremonies! She was MUCH more striking in person than she ever was in the movies! Red hair and lots of freckles, which I had never seen in the movies before!

Success- many thanks Errol for onforwarding, and to Ginger for your customary tech expertise with getting these items up on the site.

Sheer luck that I stumbled over it actually. I was browsing a quite different topic that concerned murals, and Lo... ( even a blind hen picks up a grain of corn sometimes- lol).

I wonder if Tim ( and Greg) have seen the delightful comments you posted here from one 'Linda Hines Southard'. May bring back some memories.

Thanks again so very much, Kerry! I'm not sure about Greg, but probably Tim has seen the nice comments from the Carrollton people. So happy that you had such good luck and that we can enjoy it too! P.S. I'm sure that Susan's oldest grandson's wife, Jennifer, has seen it. She visits the fb page quite often, and Nadia too, Tim's daughter.