​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GENE ARCERI - Author of RED and BROOKLYN'S SCARLETT and many other books.

Yes I second that regret at his passing.

He certainly had a wealth of memories and anecdotes of the big stars, and as you say, was so immersed in Susan Hayward that two of his bios centred on her.

One would like to think that he may be finally getting his face to face interview with her now.

Not having read the Board for so long, as you know, due to a total computer upheaval, etc.--I found it rather prescient that the first time I check in here for so long--today--I read of the death of your special friend Gene Arceri. I know from you that he was a dear person..........and that your shared bond with what you learned of Susan as a person and as such a fine actress was such a source of enjoyment for you both,

While our memories are wonderful to have, I can certainly understand how you will feel the loss of his actual friendship.

Lynn xx

PS And, as Kerry says, Gene will hopefully now be getting the interview of a lifetime!!

Thank you Kerry and Lynn for replying. Gene will be sadly missed and like you, I hope he will get the interview of a lifetime now! He met so very many Stars but never was actually to see Susan - much to his regret. He always asked the person he was interviewing if he/she had ever met Susan!

Trish, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your wonderful friend, Gene Arceri I know he was so dear to you and because of him, you were able to give us "If You Knew Susie." Rest in peace, Gene Arceri...

Trish, I am so very, very sorry to hear that Gene Arceri passed away. He shared his information with such generosity, and I'm glad that you got to meet him and form such a special friendship. We will all be richer for the legacy he left us and for his trust in you, Trish.

Alice