​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MY MEETINGS WITH SUSAN - by DONNA COLTON

Thanks for replying Kerry. I just wish all the members on the Facebook page would read this Board. All the comments over there go by so fast!

It is super swift over there I agree.

Despite the wealth of material accumulating on Ginger's Susan Facebook page- my problem is that I am not a Facebook aficionardo - at all. I simply dislike it. No specific reason as such, I merely avoid it usually.

However I do make an exception on the abovementioned page and visit maybe twice a week to catch up with the volley of great pics being submitted and Susan related posts.

But I don't post or linger long over there.

Just to say how lovely the reminiscence was and how fortunate Donna was. There will be fewer and fewer of us who even will recall her "second-hand" but hopefully there will continue to be viewers of her movies who will realize what a superb actress and what an individual she was'

In a larger sense I seem to be more and more aware of the dumbing down and homogenizing of actors/actresses in movies. I'll watch even a good movie and never be sure of which "big name" young actress is the lead because they all look pretty much alike and act pretty much alike (unless they are blonde or brunette but then that change too!). I mean, back in the "good old days" even the lesser actresses had their individual personalities. Adele Jergens and Janis Carter might play the same roles in different movies but you certainly knew which was which. Today, I just give up.

Bill

Trish:

Thanks so much for posting this. I really enjoyed reading Donna's account of her meetings with Susan and am green with envy.

Jill

Thanks so much for replying - I am green with envy too!!

Bill - I agree with you regarding the "new" Hollywood ladies - except for Jennifer Lawrence - I think she will go far but of course, no-one can hold a candle to "our Susan" who entered our hearts so many years ago and will stay there forever.

I always say of old Hollywood, "They had voices then." Now they all sound alike.

Jill

Bill, so true about the sameness of the actors. I agree with your post in every respect.

Jill

Trish, I posted the photo that you sent. Thank you for sending it to accompany the letter from Donna Colton.

Trish -

I'm so sorry for my delay in commenting on this post. As you know, I haven't been able to get to the Board much recently.

But reading this post and Donna's story is so intriguing, I'm so glad I've seeen it! It is the exact fantasy that so many young people with crushes on actors and actresses have so often during that period of life----that something amazing like Donna's experience happens in their OWN lives!

I just loved reading the story and learning of Susan's kindness to Donna.

Thanks a million.

Lynn

Thank you Ginger for putting up the photo of Susan and Donna and thanks also to Lynn for your comments.

TRISH