​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN HAYWARD - WHAT A PRECIOUS TREASURE.

Trish....Thanks for posting this for all the Susan fans to see. As you know, I am behind the times...as I try to build my health back to normal after my accident, in April 2014. I have not been on to see many posts for quite sometime.

To Charlie...You bring tears to my eyes..reading this 'very special post' to our dear Susan. It could not have been said any better. You captured what 'many' of us have felt for many, many years..and you did it in such a simple way that carried the emotions I have always felt for her.

I hope you will post more on this site and join us in our love for Susan.
Sorry it has taken me so long to be able to read/and reply to your post, but it has brightened my life. Now...after recording directly to my tv, all of the Susan films that were on TCM as SUSAN..STAR OF THE MONTH of September, I am ready to go and start watching these amazing 'gifts' that she left for us to enjoy.

So grateful to Both of You for this wonderful tribute to her.

Hello, Charlie,

(First, I must thank Trish so very much for giving us the chance to see your writing.)

Your beautiful tribute, Charlie, is a treasure for this Board, and your kind words do express so well what many of us feel.

I came 'late' to my awareness of what a special and unique actress the film world had in Susan Hayward. But, on the bright side, I am still, a year and a half later, finding more and more of her work to look forward to seeing for the first time!

I have also learned of her many kindnesses to others by listening to the recordings of friends who paid tribute to her. Those who knew her personally speak of Susan Hayward with such love in their hearts. And--my hope is that she knew, during her lifetime, just how much she was loved.

Thank you again Charlie for your lovely tribute.

And--welcome to the Board!

Lynn

Dear Trish, thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to share such a lovely tribute that Charlie said about our Susan. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Charlie for putting in words what I feel about Susan Hayward, something that I couldn't find the right words to put together like you did.
It was magical! I read it over and over....there was so much love in your kind words. Thank you again.

Thank you,Trish, for sharing this heartwarming and poignant tribute to our dear Susan from Charlie.He spoke from the heart and was able to put into words what we all feel about this remarkable and unforgettable actress and woman. Susan is uniquely special to all of us.Because we admire and adore her, we are able to share the same feelings and that brings us closer together as one family of devoted fans. Susan Hayward will forever bring a smile to our faces and her performances will continue to amaze us.

So good to see you back here, Errol!

Thank you for your comments Errol and hope you are getting stronger each day.
Susan was indeed "our precious treasure".

Humbled by all the comments regarding my little video tribute to Susan Hayward on YouTube...humbled. Loved her so much my whole life....very difficult for a guy like me, to put things like feelings, into words on a piece paper. However, I have to say, it did seem to flow pretty easy when it came to Susan Hayward, guess it came from a lifetime of adoring and loving her from afar. Thanks To everybody again so much, and thank you Trish for sharing it here.

You are very welcome Charlie. We, Susan's fans just adore her and it is so nice to read of other people feeling the same. Your original letter just inspired me to put it on this Board - such beautiful feelings. There will never be anyone like Susan Hayward - such a unique lady who has truly made a difference in the lives of so many of her fans. We almost all seem to find her when we were children and then it is an on-going adoration society! I just wish she had known how we all loved her when she was alive but I am sure she is smiling down on us now and wondering what all the fuss is about!

Best Wishes to you,

Trish

Thank you,Trish, for sharing these profoundly beautiful words of honor and praise for our dear Susan. She indeed was one of kind in so many many ways. She lives on in hearts and will be forever remembered and cherished.

So very true in my case Trish! I can't remember how old I was when I discovered Susan, but I remember reading something in a magazine or in the paper when I guess I was 9, when Susan was in Las Vegas doing Mame and I had by then seen many of her films. Fast forward a few years later and I was sooooo happy to have her back in something new…and was so hoping for a series out of Say Goodbye Maggie Cole. I can't tell you what it was, but there was something there behind her eyes and it was captivating. I have been re-captivated recently and have been so very happy to have found such wonderful places where her fans are so generous in sharing.

Thank you (and Charlie) for sharing….such a beautiful tribute.

So nice to have you here, Claudia!

Thanks Errol, I get emotional about Susan myself from time to time. Sorry about your accident, hope you get better. Yep, when I was a boy, I would have openly told the whole world Susan Hayward is the "Love of my Life", maybe she is, who knows, for sure I can without any doubt whatsoever she was the "Girl of my Dreams". Lot of guys out there that thought that I'm sure. What a girl!! WOW. I have loved her my whole life, .........that's a loooong time and a loooot of love. Ha Ha. Have a great New Year!