Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
October 05 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)

05-October-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Second Part
Swami Saradeshananda
9. The Mother’s Patience and Suffering – 1

We are in the habit of getting excited for nothing in little matters, and we suffer in consequence. The Mother’s advice was to cultivate patience and forbearance to the maximum under all circumstances.

For the Mother’s comfort, revered Yogan Maharaj had got some beddings and articles of furniture made. Amongst them was a small folding-table of wood, which could be attached to the Mother’s bedstead or to the rack for her clothes. As the memory of Swami Yogananda (Yogen Manaraj) was connected with them, the Mother would use them very carefully. The mattresses of the Mother had become hard because of continuous use for many years. Instead of getting the cotton changed the Mother asked a son to take it to Calcutta, saying, “It was made by Yogen. The cotton that he had put within was of the best quality. So you simply get it taken out and carded again, and then refill the mattress with it. It will be just as good as a new one.” The son acted accordingly and the Mother continued using the mattress again with pleasure.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 209]