Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 194 6-August-2016

06-08-2016 Saturday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 194

Anguish and Reassurances – 18

Soon after her return to Calcutta Swami Vivekananda visited her. The great disciple of the Master, feeling a deep longing to realize God, had decided to live alone for a long time, away from his brother disciples at the Baranagore monastery. He came to Holy Mother to take leave of her and said: ‘I shall see you again if I become a real man. Otherwise, I now say good-bye for ever.’ ‘What are you saying!’ The Mother interrupted. ‘No, no,’ Swami Vivekananda assured her, ‘I shall soon return through your grace.’ She said to Swami Akhandananda,1 (1 A monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna) who was accompanying Swami Vivekananda: ‘I am handing my treasure over to you. You know the conditions in the Himalayas. Please see that Naren does not suffer for want of food.’ Between 1890 and 1897 Holy Mother spent a great deal of time at Jayrambati, visiting Kamarpukur and Calcutta now and then. In Calcutta she lived in rented houses. She also visited Benares and Vrindavan a second time and, to improve her health, spent two months at Kailwar, in Bihar, where she was deeply distressed by the poverty of the people.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 116 – 117