Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 250 02-October-2016

02-10-2016 Sunday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 250

Chapter 11 – Radhu : 081

Several years before Holy Mother’s death, she warned the disciples that when her mind would be withdrawn from Radhu, nothing could tie her down to earth. It appears as if her self-imposed or God-ordained chain was being snapped. Even seven years before her heath Holy Mother once remarked: ‘My mind is not at all inclined to Radhu. I am tired of her illness. I force my mind down upon her. I say to the Master: “May I keep my mind a little upon Radhu; otherwise who will look after her?” Such ill health I have never seen before. Perhaps in her previous birth she did not perform the necessary penance to get rid of her sickness.’ Reminding Radhu of her strange behaviour, Holy Mother said to her one day: ‘You have been nursed by a lioness, and you are acting like a vixen. I have brought you up with such care, and you have not imbibed any part of my virtues. You have everything from your mother.’ Radhu became angry, pulled down her veil, and turned her head away. Holy Mother laughed and said: ‘You cannot get along without me, and how you are hiding your face from me.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 154