Return to Website

Welcome All MacKenzie Shipmates!

... Welcome All MacKenzie Shipmates!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any body 1968-693jv7

I was in the hole untill I went on duty in the Mess. I was a cook for about a year. I was on the same duty with Fred Freeman.Stew

Re: Any body 1968-69

I came aboard in June 1969 via a helicopter from Saigon, Vietnam. In keeping this message short I came aboard as a boiler man. Because of my previous experience I became a deck hand for six months and then went into the supply division as a storekeeper for the next three years. I remember Fred Freeman as our cook and Stew also known as Buffalo. Stew was the mid rats cook who broke out supplies for the day time cooks. Stew was a funny guy who said that he was going to move to Australia when he was honorable discharged. I personally tried to live in Australia back in 84'. Didn't like it. Still love Alaska! Not sure why I can still remember my past but it could be the Agent Orange that is making it's presence.

Take Care Shipmates!

David McLean
GKM Webmaster

Re: Any body 1968-693jv7

I was aboard for the last cruise of the old gal. Checked on board in october 75 in San Diego. IC3. Did switch board watch in Main one. Worked with an MM1 Stewart. Is this the same person?