Loglines

Writers pitch your screenplays.  Producers browse for un-optioned spec screenplays.

Post Your Loglines Here
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKING FEMALE DRIVEN/ SOCIALLY RELEVENT COMEDIC, THRILLER SCRIPTS.

Searching for un optioned scripts or strong treatments comedic, thriller, young adult films only. In the 1-2m budget range. Thank you!

Re: PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKING FEMALE DRIVEN/ SOCIALLY RELEVENT COMEDIC, THRILLER SCRIPTS.

Bud Run

Genre: Coming of age/crime suspense.

Logline: Two strangers fight to survive in the treacherous Canadian winter woods transporting drugs to a dealer that secretly intends to kill them upon delivery.

Re: PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKING FEMALE DRIVEN/ SOCIALLY RELEVENT COMEDIC, THRILLER SCRIPTS.

Following are loglines and synopses. I'm also pasting a short resume below. All of these scripts have either won or placed highly in competition.

Thanks.

BACH ROCKS

Logline: A rock star is stranded at a classical music conservatory while being taped 24/7 by a reality TV show crew. He falls in love with the school's beautiful dean, who hates his music, his lifestyle and isn't crazy about his supermodel girlfriend either.

Synopsis: JACK HOFF, an aging but still enormously popular and successful rock star, and ELENA, his hard-drinking, hard snorting, young super model girlfriend, are driving through central California near Jack's home town, after Jack has agreed to star in his own reality TV show for tens of millions of dollars a year, when suddenly they're stopped by the cops. Jack, not driving and definitely drunk, takes the rap, switching seats with Elena.

In court the Judge, instead of throwing the book at the rock star, gives him an unusual sentence: he's to spend a semester at a local classical music conservatory run by the judge's niece, LESLIE.

Jack rents out the college president's mansion and prepares to live large during his brief and supposedly easy "studies" at the conservatory. Dean Leslie has different ideas and the two begin a love-hate relationship that finally comes down on the side of love, when Leslie discovers several surprising things about Jack. Meanwhile, reality TV cameras (called in early by Elena in an attempt to derail the romance she sees blooming between Jack and Leslie) record every moment.

The college threatens to fire Leslie, and Elena threatens to kill Jack when they discover the romance between the opera singing Leslie and the hard rocking but softhearted Jack. Jack has to find a way to save Leslie’s job, salve Elena’s anger and somehow get on the good side of the college's stodgy old parents and patrons. Will Bach rock… or just screw it all up in front of 50 million viewers?

BALLS OF DIFFERENT SIZES

Logline: A powerful and touchingly comical dramedy in which a dyslexic teenage boy with a tough-guy attitude joins a girls’ softball team only to discover that the girls are tougher than he is, that it’s okay to ask for help, and that there is crying in softball.

Synopsis: KELLY is a 13-year-old dyslexic boy who is as brilliant on the baseball field as he is a failure in the classroom. He hides his learning disability by acting up and alienating those around him who see only his misbehavior and not his feelings of inadequacy.

Kelly’s best friend was once VICTOR, until Kelly’s physical prowess caused him to shun Victor, who had a clubfoot. Victor still resents Kelly’s betrayal.

Kelly’s behavior prompts the school principal to begin proceedings to have Kelly placed in a school for troubled kids.

During a baseball game, Kelly’s teammate/rival Victor sets Kelly up by getting Kelly to steal home on a fly ball, getting Kelly kicked off the team. “I just want to win!” he protests.

Kelly, hoping to stay in school, asks P.E. teacher JENNIFER about tutoring. Jennifer, who coaches a girls’ softball team, refers him to her pitcher ALEAH who is Victor’s sister. Jennifer soon talks Kelly into joining the team.

In his first game, Kelly learns he’s the only boy in the league. The opposing players don’t realize he’s a boy until his helmet flies off while he’s sliding into third. “It’s a boy!” they yell. Kelly yells: “Where?” In the confusion, Kelly steals home.

Aleah’s tutoring does not help Kelly, and he finally breaks down in tears, admitting he can’t read. “It’s okay,” Aleah says, “there is crying in softball.”

Jennifer convinces Kelly’s estranged father to pay to have Kelly attend a clinic that helps dyslexics learn to read and write. Then Kelly’s father loses his job.

Kelly cuts school and softball to do odd jobs, trying to make enough money to pay for his sessions, knowing it is his only chance to stay in school. Leslie, Jennifer and the Red Sox find him mowing a lawn in the pouring rain, so exhausted he can hardly stand, his hands bloodied from the work.

As Kelly is helped to the car, the school principal arrives. Seeing Kelly’s determination, he states that he will request that the district pay for Kelly’s sessions.

The Red Sox make the playoffs, only to discover that Victor and friends have joined a rival girls’ softball team, the Yankees.

The Red Sox and Yankees play the championship game in which Kelly is intentionally spiked by one of the opposing boys. Kelly, injured, takes himself out of the game, rather than endanger the team’s chances of winning--he’s learned what winning really means.

Red Sox slugger ERIN grabs a bat. “Hit like a girl,” Kelly yells to her. Erin nods and steps up to

I hope this note finds you well.

We recently finished a feature length, serial killer/thriller, RAD TECH. We hope you might be interested in making this film.

Inspired by true events in hospitals (written by a physician)

Logline:
Patients are murdered by radiology machines until a veteran detective penetrates the culture of the department.

Comps:
Coma, Se7en, Forensic Files.

Tagline:
“No one dies in Radiology.”

We are working with Buffalo 8 to generate a schedule and budget, currently targeted at $5M.

Synopsis:
A busy radiology department comes under siege when someone sabotages the equipment, leaving a mounting body count. As the murders continue, the normally tight-knit staff struggle to avoid casting blame on each other.

There are plenty of suspects with reasons to shut down the department. Start with the Chief of Staff haunted by his wife (and fellow doctor’s) murder 20 years ago. Veteran staff members, first year rad tech students, and a recent transfer – all with possible agendas, come under the watchful eye of the veteran detective, and each other.

It’s a diabolical mind at work: clipping wires, manipulating x-rays, jamming the gears of machines. The fact that many of these malfunctions are based on real events will only increase the dread people already have about hospitals. No one is safe and even a routine cat scan can kill you at Natale Hospital.

Writers:
Greg Rose is a radiologist with 20+ years’ experience in hospitals, a PhD in physics, and holds three radiology technology patents. His love of film and hospital intrigue combined with his years of hospital experience have resulted in this unique spin on revenge, murder, and deception.

Derek Henderson (script doctor) has optioned two feature films, (one has an Oscar nominated director attached) has one TV pilot out to agencies and is working on others. All four of his limbs have been x-rayed at one time or another.

We appreciate your time and would love to send you a copy of the script.

Best,
Greg Rose, MD, PhD
Greg Rose - IMDbPro
rosemachine@hotmail.com

Logline:
Marcus faces struggles with juggling his school life, love life and his street life. He faces violence and gangs in his own neighborhood and faces racial conflicts at his school.
Synopsis/Details:
Marcus lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Him and his best friend, Jeremy, are low key drug dealers. Marcus has to come home everyday day to face his drug addict mother and help her in anyway he can. Seeing his mother like this makes him constantly rethink the life he is currently living. He knows deep down he is better than a drug dealer.
One day while walking down the street, Marcus and his best friend Jeremy have a run in with some other gentlemen. Jeremy is gunned down and Marcus is left severely beaten. Detectives continuously question Marcus hoping he can help them solve the murder but to their bad news, someone else takes matter into his own hands.
One day at school Marcus meets a beautiful white girl named Alecia. He plays shy until she decides to come up to him and speak eith him. They meet up a few times after school and hit it off. Alecias ex boyfriend Ricky doesn’t like that at all. Ricky is a tough ****e street kid that always seems to get into trouble. He confronts Marcus a couple of times and they end up in a fight. Now Marcus has an ex boyfriend of his current girlfriend after him, peers are talking behind his and Alecias backs, Marcus is nervous knowing soon he will have to meet Alecias parents, anxiety starts building in Marcus due to these struggles.
One night while sitting at home some people pull up in a car outside of his house and shoots the place up. Marcus survives without a scratch but doesn’t know who it was. He’s not even sure if he’ll ever find out.

Ace Parker's
Errors of Eros

In Greek Mythology, Eros is the God of LOVE and DESIRE. In Freudian psychology, Eros refers to LIFE instincts; such as, THIRST, HUNGER, SEX drive, rePRODUCTION, the WILL to LIVE.

Logline: A PhD of Clinical Psychology student writes her final thesis on the link between creativity and mental illness.

Synopsis: Cordelia Adams presents her thesis on the link between creativity and mental illness. The subject of her clinical studies is her on again off again boyfriend, James Palmer, a crazy New York filmmaker who loathes psychology.

TITLE: Burning Betrayal
GENRE: Thriller

LOGLINE: The most beautiful girl in high school will do anything to make history: even if it means murdering a rival who hinders her success.

Silver Star Samurai. Female Marine Corps Captain Shadia Gretcher, raised by her father training in Samurai combat, is internally wounded in Afghanistan, medically discharged from the United States Marines, and pursued by a female fear Japan born notorious street fighter name Mary Jayne Tanaka AKA Black Scorpion. Black Scorpion plots to seek revenge against Shadia’s father for causing her fathers death ages ago.

Working title: Tilt.
David 30(Can also be female), a troublesome gambling addict with debts growing each night.
When David hits rock bottom and nowhere to go he gets the opportunity to fight to pay his debts.
His father gets a phone call one day that David has been found beaten to death in an ally. The father
drops everything and goes out for revenge. To find the guys guilty he must first become one of them.

I'm a produced screenwriter with a feature film currently on Netflix.

I have written eight stage plays, all with successful productions in New York and Los Angeles.

There are four screenplays I have that might be of interest to your company:

DEADBEAT: A young actor compromises his dignity and loses his moral compass in an effort to "make it" in Hollywood. Fifty Shades of Grey meets Sunset Boulevard. Neo-Noir, dark, gritty thriller.

BOOK SMART: 17-year old stoner becomes a fugitive when he hijacks a bookmobile and drives it up the West Coast to prove his love to his college-bound, book smart girlfriend. (Pineapple Express/Napoleon Dynamite.)

HOT MESS: Young professional woman sues her parents for making her "undateable." (Rom-Com)

CONFESSIONS OF A STALKER: Celebrity rock star wakes one morning in his million dollar mansion only to discover his worst nightmare: his stalker is sitting at the foot of his bed, holding a gun, demanding to know why he too can't be rich and famous.

If any of the above are of interest, I will download your release form and submit the script (s).

I hope this finds you well, and must thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

All Best,
Llywelyn Jones

N O V I C E

A lonely dark supermarket worker frequents online customers homes, living out fantasies of a family life she never had. But she soon turns vigilante after a child from one of the homes goes missing. After saving the child, she encounters a a young woman living rough, and soon faces a dilemma, confront her fears and save the homeless girl, or forget the past and save herself.

My name is Andrew Mann and I wrote a book called “Such Unfortunates”. It is the true story of my life and the horrors I suffered through
an abusive childhood that led me to become a full blown heroin addict homeless on the streets. I have heard over 100 times now that
my book would make an amazing movie and my editor even said she would make up a script. I will leave a link to my book and would
appreciate you letting me know if this is something you may be interested in?

Thank you sincerely,

Andrew Mann
201-427-0132

https://www.amazon.com/Such-Unfortunates-Andrew-Mann-ebook/dp/B07S9LJRTZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yVtp1QTad0