Loglines

Writers pitch your screenplays.  Producers browse for un-optioned spec screenplays.

Post Your Loglines Here
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3 loglines/3 synopsis

RE: FEATURE LENGTH SCRIPTS AVAILABLE
First and foremost, I will like to send you warm greetings. I fully know that you are not an agent or a film producer. Several years back, I wrote several scripts but to date I have not sold even one. To market my work, I used platforms such as inktip.com and amazon.com, just to name a few.
The purpose of this communication is to request you to show my work to your friends who are in the movie industry, so as to get me off the ground in case they have interest in my work
I am a Motswana screenwriter with several completed feature length scripts. For now, I have provided loglines and synopsis for only three scripts.

1. TITLE: Hollywood’s Snake Paradise

GENRE: Horror

LOCATIONS: Minimal

WGA REGISTRATION NUMBER: 1618984

LOGLINE: Hollywood suddenly captures the world’s attention when enraged supersized snakes take vengeance during a birthday party, taking eighty-five people captive which forces a tough ex-soldier into joining the failing rescue mission to stop the executions.

SYNOPSIS: TONY (37) from Boston is burning with a desire to surprise his wife LEAH on her thirty-fifth birthday party which is drawing near. He comes to Hollywood and buys a beautiful home from JERRY (37).

Jerry is a good man and he has two friends, BON and RON who are in their late twenties, but Bon is a bad guy. Before Tony moves into the house, Jerry engages BEN (ex-soldier) to attend to the defects in the house and the yard. Ben attends to all defects perfectly.

As soon as Tony moves into the house, one of the defects that had been dealt with (an anthill) sprouts again. Ben hauls it down again and to stop termites from reconstructing it, he pumps used motor oil into the hole below. However, the oil affects big snakes staying inside the hole and in order to free themselves of the oil, they come to the surface and cleanse themselves in the swimming pool.

Tony is greatly distressed by the presence of the snakes in the yard. His wife fears snakes and soon she will be coming to join him in the house. He phones Jerry and he quickly presents himself in the yard with Ben. In order to put an end to the trouble that is caused by the snakes and the termites, Ben pumps gasoline down the hole and sets it alight.

The fire drives three big snakes to the surface, one after the other and the last one gives Tony and Jerry a good chase before it dies. The three men are happy that they have put an end to the termites and the snakes but unfortunately they do not know about the impact the fire has caused below.

The real drama unfolds during Leah’s birthday party when the house slips into the earth carrying eighty-five persons. The captives find themselves at the doorstep of Hollywood’s Snake Paradise, a huge snake world lying some three hundred meters below Hollywood. The area is infested with supersized snakes.

For twenty-four hours the snakes outthink the rescue personnel and continue devouring the captives. Ben forces his way into the rescue operation, but his action further annoys the snakes so that they decide to punish the innocent Hollywood community. He manages to rescue a few remaining persons and with one decisive move he puts an end to the supersized snakes before they cause greater destruction.

2. TITLE: Killer-Dogs

GENRE: Horror/Sci-fi

LOCATIONS: Several (Los Angeles)

WGA REGISTRATION NUMBER: 1469722

LOGLINE: A disaster strikes United States of America when alien creatures use JOE’s dog to spawn multitudes of ruthless killer-creatures programmed to exterminating mankind from planet Earth, making fun of rescue teams.

SYNOPSIS: JOE and his wife KATE are staying in a very dangerous part of Los Angeles, struggling to make ends meet. When Joe is dismissed from his job for standing against cruelty done to a street dog (ZILLION), a sad chapter of his life unfolds.

For Joe to pay his rent and to put food on the table he has to dig into the money he had saved for buying a house at a better location. Raiders increase his sadness when they raid his house and go away with his household goods. To replace his stolen goods he turns to his savings.

Two months later Zillion invites itself to Joe’s residence. Kate does not like seeing the street dog in the house. In less than a week, the dog comes close to breaking up Joe’s marriage and he is left with no choice but to kick it out of the house.

Zillion stubbornly returns to Joe’s residence and saves Kate’s life from the hands of the most wanted serial rapist and murderer. Now that the dog has saved Kate’s life, she gives it a good welcome and cares for it more than Joe. Later on, Dura-beings from planet Zoba embarks on a project of exterminating mankind from planet Earth, using Joe and Zillion.

When Joe wins ten million dollars in a lottery, he steps into a juicy chapter of life, but it comes with big trials and dangers. Before he touches a cent o