Loglines

Writers pitch your screenplays.  Producers browse for un-optioned spec screenplays.

Post Your Loglines Here
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Original Screenplays

Up-and-coming Indie Studio based in LA is looking for feature scripts to fill a slate in the following genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Family, Faith and Rom-Com, Based on True Story.

High Interest: Low Budget (appx. 500K) / Small Cast / Few Locations.

Requirements: Must be an original screenplay and must own 100% rights.

Please send us a logline and 1 page summary with your contact info.

Re: Looking for Original Screenplays

Are you accepting shorts?

Hello, I have completed full feature scripts in genres: War, Thriller, Horror or Family.
Please contact me if you'd like logs or synopses. Four have been recommended.

Best, Michael

We are David Welsh and David Gwinn. We have written a Social Media/Film Noir mashup titled Drawn to Death.
Having received favorable evaluations on the Black List, we feel the detective action thriller would appeal to your market.

Sincerely,
David Welsh

David Gwinn IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5883058/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

David Welsh IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7428147/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

Logline:
Inspired by death and gore, a gifted painter uses social media recruits to supply him fresh subject matter attracting the attention of a relentless detective.

Synopsis:
Stanley Tobias is a gifted but tormented painter. His insatiable need for success is undermined by his constant struggle for inspiration. He is leaving a gallery where his portfolio has just been rejected by Adrian Brody, gallery curator, and patronizing online art critic when he witnesses Detective Mac McCormick, with three citations for valor and five uncorroborated allegations of excessive force, brutally beat a would-be carjacker to a pulp. The attack so moves Tobias that he paints his best work ever. Titled "The Encounter", the piece depicts a brutish assailant towering over his battered victim lying unconscious in a pool of blood. Tobias' sister Mischel considers the painting a masterpiece. Using Nemesis, his online avatar, Tobias posts the painting where it is soon trending and amassing followers and likes.

When Brody posts a disparaging critique of "The Encounter", Tobias becomes enraged suggesting that Brody be confronted. Michel disagrees citing Brody's thousands of followers. Their bickering ends when renown art buyer, Li Tan, Curators International, offers the buy "The Encounter".

Cybercrime Officer, Detective Kate Reid spots "The Encounter" on an art enthusiast Website. Recognizing both Mac and the John Doe lying in ICU, she brings the painting to the attention of her boss, Captain Edmond Dowd. When confronted with the painting, Mac plays dumb but his scuffed knuckles betray him. Hoping he will back up self- defense, Dowd orders Mac and Reid to track down Nemesis before Internal Affairs gets wind of the painting and Mac loses his shield just weeks before his retirement.

Seeking links to Nemesis, Reid reviews Mac's personnel file only to find a twenty-year-old mystery - wreckage at the bottom of a ravine, a dead wife, and a missing child - Alexa. At dinner with Michel and Tan celebrating the sale of "The Encounter", Tobias reveals his fear that the painting is a fluke. Tan reminds him that Art is pain.

When Mac is recognized as the thug in "The Encounter", he is persuaded to return to the gallery in search of Nemesis only to discover Brody's mutilated body and Tobias in retreat. Mac arrests Tobias but fearing the optics in the media, Dowd assigns the case to Reid. Mac fumes.

Virgil Hickman, a local farmworker, discovers his drivers-side window smashed and his cell phone missing. Tobias is interrogated before Dowd has him released for lack of physical evidence. Mac discovers Reid with Alexa's evidence box. Reid convinces Mac to let her take a second look at the evidence. Nemesis posts a grotesque depiction of the Brody crime scene entitled "The Critique". Tan buys it for $250,000.00. Stanley's online fame ignites.

Seeking leads in the Brody murder, Mac and Reid attend a fetish festival, Freakshow Friday, where Michel narrowly averts a confrontation between Mac and Tobias. Reid dives into the Alexa missing person case.

Mac is called to the scene of a fire while Reid begins her search for Alexa. A homeless man has been set ablaze. His assailant, Gerard Sorenson, a feeble-minded refugee from a group home, suffering third-degree burns and murmuring gibberish about an 'inspired artist', dies in ICU.

When a smash and grab gang is busted, Hickman's phone is found and discovered to contain encrypted text from the 'inspired artist'. Hickman is swatted and arrested. Mac threatens to quit if not allowed to interrogate Hickman. It's a drop mic moment when Hickman points out the obvious - thousands received the 'inspired artist' text. Mac is spanked. Hickman is released. Reid inches closer to Alexa.

Drawn to Death - © 2020 David Welsh/David Gwinn, All Rights Reserved. Page 2

Nemesis posts a horrific depiction of the charred body of the homeless man entitled "Sizzle". Tobias is arrested and again grilled by Mac - this time with feeling - before again being released for lack of evidence and placed under police Surveillance.

A flash mob targets the police station. Nemesis is laughing at Mac. Reid narrows her search for Alexa.

Social media is in meltdown over "Sizzle". Someone is leading Nemesis to kill sights. Nemesis is shunned online and banished to the forbidden zone. Under virtual house arrest and failing to summon the inspiration for the piece that will redeem him, Tobias slips out over rooftops to troll crime scenes, auto accidents, and cockfights

Good day I haven't attained any accolades in the film industry as yet but have full confidence in my abilities.

Script Title: Witcher Town

Genre: Horror

Logline - The Jones and the Iglesias family leave home for summer vacation every year.Coincidentally both families try something new which leaves them stranded at a town misleading at first glance.

marvinrawlins27@gmail.com

1-869-762-1606

hello
My name-itzhak begerano(Israel)  My Email: kim72816@gmail.com

I am a66-year-old screenwriter and director, who studied at The College for Cinema and Television in Israel.

Attn: director/producer/Production company I am offering my screenplay/movie pilot "Holy Matrimony" for your consideration.

A combination package with a screenplay +  movie pilot, I have created, specifically to showcase my skills in making a short movie with feature-

length option(52 pages)

Watch the movie in Youtube site:vts 01 1 holymatrimony begerano (Part 1)vts 01  2  isaac goldone (Part 2)

"Holy Matrimony" is a psychological thriller that focuses on the corrupt relationship between two different married couples.
The story follows Haim, who after being injured in a hit-and-run accident,hires his private investigator to help uncover the truth, after
suspecting his wife is trying to kill him. One question that perfectly captures the essence of the film is “can we play chess with our destiny?”.
the story focuses on HAIM, who after being injured in a hit-and-run attack, asks his private investigator friend ISRAEL for help, believing that
his wife, RITA, is trying to kill him. While investigating, Israel doesn’t know that his own wife HEDVA is being unfaithful with another younger man. Israel soon discovers that Rita is plotting to kill Haim with her lover ZADOK, who had tried to run Haimover. Israel soon catches them red-handed and captures Rita for her crimes. Meanwhile, Hedva has become addicted to drugs due to Israel’s abuse towards her, and she tragically kills herself. After Israel discovers her body, he crazily laughs, showing his true corrupt colors.One of the many benefits of producing my screenplay is that it is specifically designed to support an ultra-low budget. It has minimal cast and locations, and instead focuses on the performances and story.

hello
My name-itzhak begerano(Israel)  My Email: kim72816@gmail.com

I am a66-year-old screenwriter and director, who studied at The College for Cinema and Television in Israel.

Attn: director/producer/Production company I am offering my screenplay/movie pilot "Holy Matrimony" for your consideration.

A combination package with a screenplay +  movie pilot, I have created, specifically to showcase my skills in making a short movie with feature-

length option(52 pages)

Watch the movie in Youtube site:vts 01 1 holy matrimony begerano (Part 1)vts 01  2  isaac goldone (Part 2)

"Holy Matrimony" is a psychological thriller that focuses on the corrupt relationship between two different married couples.
The story follows Haim, who after being injured in a hit-and-run accident,hires his private investigator to help uncover the truth, after
suspecting his wife is trying to kill him. One question that perfectly captures the essence of the film is “can we play chess with our destiny?”.
the story focuses on HAIM, who after being injured in a hit-and-run attack, asks his private investigator friend ISRAEL for help, believing that
his wife, RITA, is trying to kill him. While investigating, Israel doesn’t know that his own wife HEDVA is being unfaithful with another younger man. Israel soon discovers that Rita is plotting to kill Haim with her lover ZADOK, who had tried to run Haimover. Israel soon catches them red-handed and captures Rita for her crimes. Meanwhile, Hedva has become addicted to drugs due to Israel’s abuse towards her, and she tragically kills herself. After Israel discovers her body, he crazily laughs, showing his true corrupt colors.One of the many benefits of producing my screenplay is that it is specifically designed to support an ultra-low budget. It has minimal cast and locations, and instead focuses on the performances and story.

I have several short screenplays that will go big let me know if you are still interested. I will send info only if you respond that you are interested.

336-624-2700

Have a full length horror specifically written for a 500K or less budget with 3 primary locations. Will send log line and synopsis. Director signed and many veterans in the industry verbally wanting on board.

Also have a full length family/faith screenplay ready.

Sam Fights Back – Low Budget Action 98 minutes Family viewing. Worldwide. Log Line: An engaging, stroppy 12/13-year-old, having blinded his sister, must save for her eye operation by Christmas. He has to outwit ruthless crooks wanting his computer skills, or disappear.
Breaking Tom - Action 94 minutes. Queensland based. (Also as a novel, 71,500 words.) Log Line: After a resourceful 17-year-old has his mum walk off their cattle property and his dad drown, he escapes slavery from a “kind” helper, defeats a land grabber and tracks the helper.
Tom Hartley’s War - A Withoutabox winner 110 minutes of fast-paced Action. Low/Medium Budget
Log Line: Four soldiers and two girls escape fallen Singapore to get vital Japanese war plans to Australia through 3,000 miles of jungle and stormy seas causing mayhem en route.

Devil’s Breed: Horror. 105 minutes. Audience: 15+ worldwide. High Concept. Low Budget
Log Line: Two young city slickers find their remote hideout farm is surrounded by a Satanic cult and must outwit the Devilish Cult leader and his Witch to survive cannibalism and other horrors.

Where’s My Boy? Action/Thriller PG 98 minutes. Audience: Worldwide
Log Line: An impulsive mercenary hunts the predatory slave trader who has snatched his young nephew. Ex S.A.S. mum joins in the hunt. (High Concept)

4 have Recommends.

Title: “H I D D E N”

Logline: A couple fall in love and discover betrayal and revelation.

My name is Patricia Lewis and I’ve written a feature drama called “H I D D E N”.

“H I D D E N” is written along the lines of films such as “Love Jones” and “Deliver us from Eva.” The story begins in 1965 in Louisiana where Isaiah and Crystal meet in a restaurant. They start dating and they began an intimate relationship. Thirty years later in Seattle, Tina is walking and looking down at her phone. Someone bumps into her. Her phone falls on the ground and the person who bumps into her bends down and picks up her phone. They make eye contact and they know each other. Tina remembers when they went to the high school prom together. Terence, tells her she is still beautiful. Tina blushes. Terence asks Tina if she wants to grab a bite to eat but instead, Tina invites Terence to her house for lunch. They become close and continue spending time together. Terence is at Tina’s house eating lunch. Terence is a Financial Auditor and Tina is a Real-estate Broker. Tina mentions she just met her father for the first time and he is coming to visit her. She also tells Terence her mother passed away two years ago. Terence talks about his grandmother who raised him and mentions his mother is in a nursing home. He also never knew who his father was. Terence and Tina became close and continued spending time together. Tina and her friend Mia meet at a boutique. Tina mentions she was dating someone. Mia is happy for her and is excited about meeting him. Tina also mentions that her father, who she recently met for the first time, is coming to visit her. Tina’s father, Isaiah is eating lunch with Tina. Tina tells her dad that she wants him to stay at her place instead of a hotel. Isaiah told her next time he will stay with her. Tina mentions she is dating someone. Isaiah asks if he will get to meet him and Tina told him she would introduce them. Isaiah returns to Louisiana. While Tina is getting ready to go out with Terence, she gets a call from her father. He is on his way to see her. She is anxious to know why her dad wants to talk to her as she waits for his arrival. There is a knock at her door. She opens it and it is Terence. She forgot they were going out. She told Terence she is waiting for her dad. Terence tells Tina, it is ok and he is looking forward to meeting her dad. While they wait, they embrace and began to kiss. Terence picks her up and takes her to the bedroom Tina removes her blouse and Terence removes his shirt as they are kissing, they fall on top of the bed. Tina’s phone rings. Tina gets up and grabs her robe and answers her phone. It is a hospital. Her dad Isaiah was in a terrible car accident and he is in a coma.

I believe the romance, suspense, betrayal and revelation will appeal to a very wide audience. Please let me know if I can send you the script, and thanks for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Patricia Lewis

Hi, I am a writer of novels & screenplays. I will attach short descriptions below. Contact me if interested.

The Devil’s Diary – (horror based)
Logline – People die in unexpected circumstances after a book, that once belonged to the Devil, ends up in the hands of a woman.

The cat that Fetches – (Family thriller based)
Logline – A murder case from twenty-five-years-ago comes back to haunt a father and his family after he moves them into the house where his mother was killed.

Death Shadow – based on my novel – BEDBUGS (Can you see them?) - (A Sci-Fi insect horror)
Logline - A police chief has to solve a murder case that is linked to the deaths of five people from seventy-three-years earlier before an alien breed of bedbugs wipes everyone out.

Blood Twins – (Vampire horror)
Logline – After seventeen years of living with vampires, a teenage girl must find a way to escape before they work out how to hunt in the daylight without her.

The S.T.A.R.S Project – (A killer rats story)
Logline - Rats blood is used to help heal the sick, but when rats escape a lab and go on a killing spree, a police chief must decide whether to catch them because of their uses? Or destroy them?

Shark Cove – (Killer shark horror)
Logline - A father and his Ex-girlfriend have to battle a killer shark after it traps them inside a cave.

The land at the end of the Trees – (Family animation style)
Logline – After a boy finds a key that opens a door into an animation world, he leaves the door open for their enemy to escape into his. Now he must stop them before they find the key to rule both worlds.

Attack on Dead Gulch – (A Zombie type western)
Logline – When the town of Dead Gulch becomes infected with the recent, walking dead, the sheriff, Indian chief, and a drunk ex-bounty hunter must team up to save the day.

Clifton Falls – (A zombie idea)
Logline – After a chemical fertilizer turns the dead into flesh-eating zombies, the local police chief must find a way to destroy them before the virus reaches the City.

My co-writer Alaa Arslan and I have just written a screenplay titled "Saving", which is 113 pages. It is in the popular horror tradition of "The Conjuring" and films like it. Here is the log line and a short synopsis:

Log line:
A naked ghost terrorizes a family. With the help of some unusual allies, the family tries to figure out the mystery of the ghost.

Synopsis:
Andrew Walker, his wife Ellie, and their children Camilla, James, and Jacob travel to the old house of Andrew’s grandfather, Scott. What seems to be just a dusty and lonely dwelling turns out to be a house of horrors as a naked ghost haunts each of them when they get naked. Dr. Adam Murphy, a “friend” of Scott, tells them not to undress fully in the house so the ghost doesn’t bother them. In the meantime, Adam and his friends try to drive out the ghost from the property.

Please let us know if you’d like to read the full screenplay for consideration.

Respectfully,

Alaa Arslan
Jennie Brown Hakim

A man’s love for his family is the only thing stronger than his oppressor’s whip.

The Making of a Slave encapsulates the perceptions of captivity through the eyes of Einar, a proud warrior and family man living in a village located in the outskirts of Northern Europe. He is kidnapped along with other European men, women, children and placed in captivity. Stripped of his freedom and subjected to the oppressions of slavery on the continent of Africa, as he fights for his survival, mentally and physically Einar is put to a challenge that will change the course of his life --ultimately leading to catastrophic consequences for himself, his family and his people.

LOGLINE: Mediocre intergalactic maintenance crew on a routine visit to
planet Earth has to team up with unsuspecting humans to stop
self-righteous Overmind from wrecking the entire universe.

Full script: 118 pages. English. Locations: NY, DC (can be adapted to any location with public libraries, museums or iconic places/indoor/outdoor)
Synopsis on-demand.
Production (CGI/SFX required/limited)