Loglines

Writers pitch your screenplays.  Producers browse for un-optioned spec screenplays.

Post Your Loglines Here
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scientific adventure

THE ABRAHAM CONSPIRACY

By
JAMES RUTLEDGE

17006 Saddlewood Tr
(817) 291 9624
jcrut@hotmail.com

FADE IN:
EXT. – 2000 FEET OVER THE CHEOPS PYRAMID — FILM SHOT FROM LOUD, VIBRATING HELICOPTER
The film’s OPENING SEQUENCE PLAYS, complete with Egyptian Orchestral music in the background. The helicopter is rapidly dropping while spiraling down toward a brightly lit tented research area. As the helicopter settles, a white jeep with dark lettering identifying it as RESEARCH VEHICLE (PROPERTY OF ALEXANDRIA MUSEUM appears through the cloud of dust and sand. A well-dressed Egyptian man exits the jeep as the world-renowned ancient language scholar MAXWELL THORENSEN exits the helicopter while trying to keep his hat from blowing away. The Egyptian introduces himself as the head of artifact restoration for the museum. They climb into the jeep as the helicopter noisily lifts away.
As the operatic music plays, a montage is played that shows a team of archeologists entering an Egyptian tomb. Stacked in front of the imposing mummy at the back of the tomb are twelve stone tablets displayed prominently in front of the sarcophagus.
In the sudden silence inside the jeep, the curator turns to Doctor Thorenson:

CURATOR 1
I requested that you consult with us before the information gets out.

MAX THORENSEN
If I understand your message, you’ve just opened a tomb from the Early Predynastic Period.

CURATOR 1
We are very sure of the period we are in. Carbon dating confirms the date between eight- and nine- thousand years ago.

MAX
We’ve researched the figures etched into the twelve stone tablets… we’re pretty sure the marks on the tablets are a language: maybe an early form of Persian Cuneiform.

CURATOR 1
A nine-thousand-year-old language stretches the imagination. It could change our understanding of prehistory. We could add an eyewitness section to the human Bible.

MAX
I understand why you’re concerned this discovery does not get into the press: at least until we can read these twelve tablets.