Loglines

Writers pitch your screenplays.  Producers browse for un-optioned spec screenplays.

Post Your Loglines Here
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drama

Be A Man
By [AWAIS AHMED]

INT. [ROOM 1] – DAY

[ACTION]
JOHN SMITH, HE IS 5 FOOT ELEVEN AND HAS BLACK HAIR AND A FULL BEARD AND MOUSTACHE. HE IS AROUND THE AGE OF 30 – 35 AND IS SAT FROM ANOTHER MAN IN A ROOM WHICH IS HAS WHITE WALLAPAPER AND IS THINLY SPARSE WITH ONLY A TABLE AND TWO CHAIRS.

THE MEN ARE SAT OPPOSITE EACH OTHER AND JOHN LOOKS PENSIVE AND NERVOUS, THE OTHER MAN CANNOT BE SEEN AND THE CAMERA FOCUSSES ONLY ON JOHN FACE.

[Man In the Shadows]
Are you ready to Be a Man

[John]
(There is a look of nervousness on his face, almost verging on a look of fear).
(Nervously)
I am a man.

[Man In the Shadows]
No, you just think you are

[John]
Then What am I?
[Man In the Shadows]
You’re a joke son.
[John]
(Sarcastically)
A joke huh
[Man In the shadows]
(Seriously)
Yes, you are, no need to sugar-coat things now, we’ve had this discussion many times before and the time for politeness is long gone.
[John]
(Petulantly)
I’m not a joke
[Man In the shadows]
(Seriously)
Yes, you are, you are a *******, joke, a skinny ***** ass 35-year-old ******* joke that isn’t going to stop being a joke until you decide to Be a Man.

[John]
Why are you so interested in me
[Man In the shadows]
Because I can help you, I can make you so much more, I have been with you for a long time and now is the time to act. I could have abandoned you long time ago, but we don’t abandon our own, we never will.
I can help you elevate yourself to a completely different level, I can help you be more than a man. I have said all of this before and just Like I said before that will only happen when you are first ready to Be a Man.
[John]
No, don’t ask me do it
[Man In the Shadows]
I’m not asking you to do anything, I’m just letting you know what I can do for you, if you will let me, remember you are the one in control it’s all up to you.
[John]
What happens if I want out.
[Man In the shadows]
You won’t, because once you’ve made the decision, you’ll have thought everything through and there will be no second guessing,
[John]
How do I decide
[Man In the Shadows]
You don’t need to ask me that, you already know, you’ve already made the decision, we both know that this is just wasting time.
[John]
No, it’s not.
[Man In the Shadows]
Yes, it is, you knew the first day we spoke, you just weren’t ready to admit it then.
[John]
What are people going to say.
[Man In the Shadows]
When you’re to be a man, you won’t care what people think, don’t you understand I need you, that’s why were both here, that’s why I’ve been with you from the beginning. You were stressed, embarrassed and lonely when I first met you and know you’re on the verge of being so much more, if you let me help you, and I will, I will John, you won’t be scared or alone ever again, you’ll be part of a family who will look after you always and forever.
If I didn’t think you could do it, I wouldn’t be wasting yours or my time, but here I am.
Am I wasting my time?
[John]
(Looks up at the Man in the Shadows, all traces of apprehension and nervousness are now gone.)
(Confidently)
No, you’re not, I’m ready to be a man,
[Man In the Shadows]
(Happily)
Thank you, John, welcome to the brotherhood, together were going to clean things up, don’t be afraid son, we will.

FADE OUT.
THE END