​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Phil,

Yes, Susan did grace the cover of Picturegoer a lot of times, 7 I think and we in Britain also had Picture Show to read. I believe they featured Susan on the cover 8 times.

In answer to Ginger, I seem to remember Picturegoer stopped printing in around 1960.

However, it is disappointing to see these magazines today when we have all become used to the wonderful, colourful American versions. They looked dreary in comparison as they were mostly in sepia colour. I remember thinking one of the best gifts I ever received was from an American pen-pal of mine in 1955 when she gave me a year's subscription to Modern
Screen. I was delighted!

In those days I was in touch with wonderful people who sent me pictures and clippings of Susan from all over the world which greatly enhanced my collection.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Trish, I think it's intriguing that since you are from the UK that you developed such an interest and affection for Susan. We tend to focus on our own country's actors/actresses it seems for the most part (however, I did always love Vivien Leigh after seeing Gone With The Wind)....which gives me an idea for a new post, so I'll put it at the top..

Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/oops

Ginger, thanks for the clip. Enjoyed seeing it immensely. Loved the opening shot, with her familiar walk!

Jill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/ Back to School!/Brooklyn, New York!/youtube/o

Thanks, Jill.. I'm glad you got to see it! Don't you know that high school crowd went wild and crazy that day!