​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan and Hillary

Ginger:

Thanks for telling us that great story about Hillary. You had told me about it before but this version was a little more detailed -- and I didn't know you actually spoke with Bill. How lucky! The Gennifer Flowers' connection is wild, too. Talk about six degrees of separation. Yeah, she certainly didn't learn anything in Sunday school. Little Rock sounds like a soap opera town, with everyone seemingly knowing everyone else.

Re: Re: Susan and Hillary/and also Gennifer

Jill and Gloria, Gennifer (we called her Geanie)(her dad's name was Gene Flowers), was two years younger than me. Oh, now she was something. She was an only child and her parents spoiled her rotten. They were always taking her up to Nashville to try to make her a singing star. She cut a record or two. I think they were played on our small town radio station, maybe others, but I don't think she got very far with her singing. Later on, I think she was singing more.

She is from Brinkley, Arkansas, my little hometown, and I guess she is probably our most famous person except there is a famous jazz singer from there named Louis...something.. ( not armstrong)...I can't remember his name.. but he is actually pretty famous. Now, I'm gonna have to look that up.

Geannie is very short. I don't think she is even 5 ft. I actually think she is very sad now. I feel sorry for her. The latest I have heard about her is that she is selling downloads for 1.99 off of the internet of her memories of Bill Clinton.

She was showered with gifts, clothes, and money, attention, -- you know.. all of it , by her parents--she didn't know anything really but how to be self-absorbed.

Well, I'm rambling, but since I was on the subject, thought I'd just let it all hang out!

It's ironic. really. Hillary looks beautiful, and who knows how many face lifts Gennifer has had. She is hardly recognizable to what I remember about her.

Re: Re: Re: Susan and Hillary/and also Gennifer

Pretty sad story about Gennifer Flowers, Ginger. I think we have all known girls like her, and I often wonder what happened to them later in life.

Reminds me of something that happened to my best friend, Charlotte the Movie Maven, almost a month ago. She had a high-school reunion, to which I drove her since she doesn't have a car.

While she was checking into the hotel, some other women came in from out of town, and there was a big reunion in the hotel lobby (including one woman who remembered me, even though I wasn't in Charlotte's graduation class. 2She had worked for a doctor of mine about 20 years ago!).

Anyway, as I listened to the conversation between Charlotte and her friends, the name of a third girl came up. Of course, it was the school vamp (we all had one, right?). This girl was supposed to have it all -- figure, face, and naturally, the boys, with whom she was very popular, but not only because of her looks. The three women could hardly wait to see her, as they had gotten an e-mail from her and knew she'd be attending the reunion.

Charlotte made sure to take pictures of the reunion, and afterward, I saw five women, including Charlotte, standing outside the hotel. The really heavy one (hey, I'm trying to be kind; she was obese)in the front, with the sallow-looking complexion and ill-fitting clothes was...you guessed it: the vamp.

All I could think of was, my, how the mighty have fallen. I guess the same can be said for Gennifer Flowers.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan and Hillary/and also Gennifer

Well, ya know, Gloria.. I know this is mean, but sometimes revenge is sweet.. LOL