​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN...TOPS THE LINE-UP...AFTER TCM VIEWINGS!!!

Hi Ray...TCM also showed (in a day of WILLIAM BENDIX films) THE HAIRY APE and Robert Osborne mentioned that this was..a first for TCM..that they had never had this in their archives until now. So..I do think other Susan films are going to surface and hopefully, they will do STAR OF THE MONTH on her.

You mentioned WHITE WITCH DOCTOR and MY FOOLISH HEART.
I love the latter and know that WITCH DR. was only done because of a 'deal' made between RKO and FOX at the time this one was made. You probably already know this story, but some others may not.

RKO wanted Susan to play opposite Robert Mitchum in THE LUSTY MEN, so the deal was that Mitchum would, in turn do a film with Susan under the FOX banner. The two disliked one another a lot, but the deal was a set deal...so WHITE WITCH DOCTOR was done, just to get the deal completed. Not that it was/is a very good film for either star, but has its moments and I really did like the chemistry in both films between the two of them on screen...mostly in LUSTY MEN, because it is a much better script and director..and if you look at the ratings films are given...LUSTY MEN gets a 4 1/2 star rating while WITCH only gets a 2 1/2 rating. Many have said that THE LUSTY MEN is one of the very best films ever done on rodeo..and it is..for sure!

I wanted to mention some films that I wish they would restore or put out for the public, that are NEVER SEEN. One is TAPP ROOTS, which I really liked. It used to show on TBS, many years ago..but now has vanished. Others are...THE SAXON CHARM, THE LOST MOMENT, HOUSE OF STRANGERS and AMONG THE LIVING. I have heard that THUNDER IN THE SUN has appeared..but if so...I missed it and wonder if that was on the FOX channel or where? If it was FOX..then there is a chance that it will show again in the future. I have a real bad copy of SIS' HOPKINS and wonder if that, too, will ever see the light of day again.

Just....some of her films...to ponder over...