Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "They Lived with God" by Swami Chetanananda

It's nice to see you here, also.

Dear Rosemary,

It is so wonderful to hear from you here in Mothers Courtyard. :) i have been away too, with brothers Tom and Ankur keeping the Courtyard alive. Perhaps Mother's children are returning after being at play.

I remember reading They Lived with God many years ago. Wonder stories about the broader circle of friends and disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. You needn't stop reading. A few years later Chetananandaji published a second collection, God Lived with Them. :) Either would make a good topic of discussion.

Jai Ma!
Jayanti

Namaste, Jayanti, it has been a long time.

It seems important for me to highlight a passage from Sister Gargi's book, "A Disciples Journal".

I quote it Here:

"...I will never understand how so much grace, from start to finish, had fallen upon me--much of it, I am sure, from Swami Vivekananda himself. I don't think anyone can ever know how or why grace happens, but whether it comes as a harsh blow or as a gentle push, and whether what one does with it is good or bad, one can never deny its sure and ineluctable reality."

A Disciples Journal, Sister Gargi, p 276

This single passage, for me, seems to sum up the story behind the story of each of the lives of the devotees of Sri Ramakrishna.

Jai Ma!!!