Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 03-December-2011 (Saturday) : Thought for the Day!!!

I was looking for a reference in Letters of Sister Nivedita that might allude to Swami Premananda. When I went to the index, it turns out that (lo and behold) my book was already book marked on the page that is the only reference to him in the book. It must mean something, so I post it here...

"Letters of Sister Nivedita: Vol II", pp 590-591, Mr. Basu

(To Josephine Macleod, November 23, 1903, written from 17 Bose Para Lane, Bagh Bazaar, Calcutta)

"Is it true that you grow stronger? I am so thankful. Your letters from Italy sound as if you took more joy than usual in place, and truly the name sounds worth it. I wonder what things you are going to see. I always imagine that Assissi is the one place in Europe where I should find a refuge in the very air. But I know that they say it is all dust--I wonder if you are to be there.

I broke off this letter to go with Chr. and Bet to 57. I end it therefore after the Salutation to the Saints.

Ever lovingly,
Your Margot

Swami Brahmananda is there--also Gopaler-Ma, Jogin-Ma and Premananda's mother."

Siva. Siva.

Re: 03-December-2011 (Saturday) : Thought for the Day!!!

No wonder, Sister Rosemary, such instances have happened with me too... So nice of you sharing this wonderful passage from Sister Nivedita's letters..