Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 10-May-2012 (Thursday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

This is very interesting. And, it is helpful. Here, in the Southern States where I live, there is a great prejudice against any value or personage who does not serve (or seem to serve) the orthodox Christian dogma. My own family is very conservative in this way and would never in a million years understand my attitude of devotion and attraction towards Hinduism.
Therefore I feel badly when someone comes to visit me and I have to put my altar pictures away. Am I ashamed? Do I lack the courage of my convictions? Am I a dissembler? I have had to work through some of these questions about myself. There are also feelings of protection that come into play. I have had to hear in the past some taunting, disrespectful remarks about my Spiritual Mother and Father, so nowadays, whenever someone comes to visit, I lay their picture downwards, but not before I tell them that I am sorry. Good to have you back, Satwik.

Re: 10-May-2012 (Thursday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

There is nothing wrong with protecting your spirituality from attack.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsadeva said:

“One should hiss to bad persons to frighten them away, so that they may not harm you later on. One must not inject poison into them and injure them.”