Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Shivratri Greetings
May Lord Shiva Bless all of us here in the courtyard on the occasion of Shivratri
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2004 2:14am
by Paritosh
p
Peter
Mother
Jai Ma,Thank you Mother for your lap, where in tmes of need I have laid my head awhile.
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 8, 2004 2:57am
by Anon
o mother of thief
maaa, just now i met another failiure... darkness again... u told me to surrendor everything... with the taste of bitter,mind looking for consolstion But,i know, it wont come from anyside... usually you hide somewhere in this situation.. i have to be alone...w...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 8, 2004 2:17am
by rajavelan
to my maa
dear maa i m here to represent ur wicked sons. since it is ur court-yard we have our own rights! there r so many... to worship,to pray,to show the real devotion... i m here to curse u. i want to become a sannyasin..but u get me married. i hate to beco...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2004 1:36pm
by Jayanti
Remembering Marie Louise Burke, Sister Gargi
As some may have read in the India News Letter being circulated, Sister Gargi passed away this week, the devotee researcher (Marie Louise Burke) who chronicled Swami Viivekananda's time in the West. Reports from a friend indicate that she left during the night, wh...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2004 9:52pm
by Jayanti
g
gargi
Love for all
My best regards to Sarada ma and all persons who love her. Hope love will bring a relief to this ailing world.
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2004 1:08am
by Paritosh
Prayer for a friend
Mother, since sometime there is a friend with whom I have had no contact. I am worried about him. I try to reassure myself that he is doing well and is busy yet the fear persists. Mother, you know everything, you watch over each one of us, please bless and take c...
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2004 11:55pm
by Paritosh
Article in Vedanta Kesari
I just read a wonderful and inspiring article in the December issue of the Vedanta Kesari. The title is "I have a Mother" the web address is http://www.sriramakrishnamath.org/magazine/vk/2003/12-3-2.asp
Views: 248   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2004 2:14pm
by Jayanti
Wishing All A Blessed New Year's Day
May all receive some blessing on this special anniversary. As many may know, it was on January 1st, New Year's Day, that Sri Ramakrishna awakened spiritual awareness in many of his disciples. We, your children, wait with patient yet eager expectation for your Gr...
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2004 1:46pm
by Paritosh
t
Tom
Holy Mother's Birthday
Namaste, Today is indeed an auspicious day. Besides being the 150th Birthday os Sri Sarada Devi; it is the fifth anniversary of the little website; that we launched on December 22nd, 1998 @ URL: http://saradamani.freeyellow.com/ We have also been honoured, f...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2003 9:57pm
by Tom
Mother's picture
Mother, my sincere pranams at your holy feet. I am very happy that this particular picture of Yours was chosen for the web site. I heard from a friend that this picture tells us that You will wait for as long as it takes for us to reach You. You will never forsake us...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2003 7:20pm
by Uma Ahuja
Birthday Wish
As the tiny nahabat once housed the Mother of the Universe, so does She now dwell in the cave of our hearts. Why can't we feel Her with us aways? Bless us, thy children, by making this birthday a day of awareness for us, that we might experience your loving presen...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2003 2:07pm
by Jayanti
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Dear Mother: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! All over the world we are celebrating your birthday. It is a day of great joy for all of us here in the courtyard. Bless us that we may have faith and devotion.
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2003 12:21pm
by Paritosh
Prayer for Peace
This month is Holy Mother's Birthday and let us all pray for Peace. May Mother bless us all with her presence. Happy Holidays!!!
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 9, 2003 11:56pm
by Jayanti
Kali Puja/ Diwali/ Laksmi Puja
On this auspicious day I send my greetings to all the children here in the courtyard. Sometimes we doubt the presence of the Mother. Wonder if she is really there and with us. But I would like each one of us to pause and look within. When we look within we will fi...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2003 1:32am
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
Prayer
"Mother, here is Thy virtue, and here is Thy vice. Take them both and grant me only pure love for Thee. Here is Thy purity, and here is Thy impurity. Take them both, Mother, and grant me only pure love of Thee. Here is Thy dharma, righteousness, and here is Thy adhar...
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2003 5:47am
by Vriju
v
Vriju
Story Time 7 - Power of Word
This is a story of a Sufi master, a healer. He goes into this household one day where there is a sick child, and there are people gathered around. He goes over and he passes his hand over the child and he says some sacred words, a kind of prayer, and he says, "No...
Views: 265   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 14, 2003 12:10am
by Paritosh
The Laboratory Mouse
Life goes on and on. We are all caught in our own web. Often like the laboratory mouse we keep moving the wheel thinking we are engaged in activity yet for the scientist observing the mouse he hardly thinks about the moving wheel inside the cage. I have been feeli...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2003 1:31am
by Paritosh
Some random thoughts
It has been a long time that we have communicated with each other here in the courtyard. I do not think I need to dwell on or understand why that happens repeatedly. All I need to know and accept is that this will happen but should not be a reason for me to hold back...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2003 3:38am
by Shiv
Back Home
I return to the courtyard after sometime. I have been busy (but I do not think it is an excuse). While I was away, I have missed conversations that occured here. I hope and pray all the children who visit the courtyard are doing well and feel the presence of the Moth...
Last Post: Aug 2, 2003 9:21pm
by Paritosh
No Subject
Basically, yes, speaking personally. A near divorce, problems at work, and as Jayanti, a move (although still in Japan) have kept the mind on a low level. Mother ! Paritosh, i would like to suggest to you that, important though the Courtyard is, if Mother wishes H...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2003 9:00am
by Anthony
The Courtyard
There has not been too much of activity in the courtyard and I wonder why? Have we all become so busy in our own Maya that we do not have any time for satsang? Mother please make all your children come to the courtyard.
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2003 8:52pm
by Paritosh
No Subject
I am the mother of the righteous, I am the mother of the wicked as well. Never fear. Whenever you are in distress, just say to yourself 'I have a mother.' HOLY MOTHER
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2003 9:11pm
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
Prayer to Divine Mother
Divine Mother, fill me with Thy Peace. Cleanse my mind from all alien thoughts And make my heart pure. Guard me from all selfishness and harshness. Fill my heart with selfless love, humility, patience, and gentleness. Free my mind from ignorance and outwardness....
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2003 4:07am
by Vriju
i really need her
i m her child...i hope so.about 10 years..i called her. stil..i m not sure..whether she accepted me or not.. AND NOW..marriage proposal is going on..i dont know how to proceed..i have no stregnth..to pray...i have read enough stories about her grace..all are happe...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2003 12:45am
by rajavelan
Mother's Day
Soon it will be Mother's day and in some places it is already Mother's day. It is an appropriate moment to come and share thoughts here in the Mothers' courtyard. What can a son say about his Mother? We all come here since in someway we are touched by the life and...
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2003 6:35pm
by Paritosh
Getting close to the fire
Even though one knows that when things are not going well, Mother is always 'available', it's strange how one shies away almost from Her and from Spiritual things generally - thus perpetuating the ignorance and pain ofcourse. Sometimes in acute times of pain on...
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2003 4:50pm
by Anthony
Celebration
Today 2nd April is a special day for me. On this day many years ago, I formally started on my spiritual journey and received diksha. I come to my spiritual family here in the courtyard to celebrate this day. May Mother bless me today and always.
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2003 3:57pm
by Paritosh
In your presence
I sit in your courtyard Absorbing the ambience I do not see you Yet I sense your presence I know you are here Since the restless waves of my mind are calm now I sit in your courtyard Finally at peace in your presence Stay with me always Let me feel your...
Last Post: Mar 25, 2003 10:29pm
by Paritosh
Remembering
A brother sent me an email message I wish to pass on to each of us: "Remember you are a child of Mother." May we always remember this Truth.
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2003 10:09pm
by Jayanti
A Time for....
A few days ago I happened to read this verse from the Tao To Ching. It reminded me of some of Swamiji's talks and of a passage from the Old Testament, and so many sources of spiritual wisdom. Do you want to improve the world? I don't think it can be done. The wo...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2003 10:00pm
by Jayanti
Silence
Mother, I just want to sit in your presence today. Let silence be our channel of communication. YOU know everything.
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2003 9:49pm
by Paritosh
Greetings
Today is Sri Ramakrishna's birthday. Greetings to all the children in the Mother's courtyard on this auspicious day. May Thakur and Mother guide and protect us always.
Last Post: Mar 5, 2003 5:42am
by Paritosh
Prayers
I was in my own world, unhappy with the way things were moving. Complaining that the Mother was not doing a good job in taking care of her son. The usual complaining and whining. Today, I received mail from 2 friends who shared with me their lives and suffering. It p...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2003 9:18pm
by Paritosh
Story Time 6
I read the following in Lama Surya Das's Book "Awakening the Sacred". And I share it with my sisters and brothers in the courtyard. Once in the days of old, there was a monk who was practicing a walking meditation as he circumambulated the ancient Petring Monaste...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2003 6:58am
by Anonymous
Views: 196   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2003 11:02pm
by Paritosh
b
bluto
hope!
I am a young girl, i am at that stage in life where i have to take certain decisions, of marriage/job, i am so confused, i have none of the purity to ever become a nun, yet it is the only thing i dream of , the only thought that gives me joy. But i fear , what if i...
Last Post: Jan 28, 2003 1:49pm
by bluto
Faith renewed
Spiritual life is not easy and has many obstacles and difficulties. One of these difficulties that I keep facing is faith or “shraddha”. What makes faith special is its inherent nature. When present the aspirant feels endowed with energy and like a surfer “rides the...
Last Post: Jan 20, 2003 9:43pm
by Paritosh
Blissful Mother
The Courtyard has been silent for a while. That is both nice and feels as it should be. Sometimes i have wished to make some comment or other but have erased it and stole quietly away, as it were, afraid to disturb the Peace. If the ego is not willing or able to g...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2003 3:40pm
by Anthony
HAPPY NEW YEAR
HAPPY NEW YEAR MOTHER Mother, please bless each of your children with love, devotion and faith. Please accept pranams from your children here in the courtyard and all over the world
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2002 11:21pm
by Paritosh
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER
Today is Holy Mother’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER All over the world people are celebrating this auspicious day. For us here in the courtyard it is “the day”. There is a flood of emotions and thoughts that come to me as I write and I shall try to tame and...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2002 11:39pm
by Paritosh
Bees
I have been among the absent bees lately, missing the necture of holy company with Mother and her children here in the Courtyard. She has kept me busy for some time. As these tasks are drawing to a close, I hope to be able to join you all more often. wishing you...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2002 1:46pm
by Jayanti
December
December is a special month to me. There is a personal celebration that I share with this month but over the years it has also evolved as a month where we celebrated Mother’s birthday. We will all be celebrating the Mother’s birthday this year on December 26. While t...
Last Post: Dec 8, 2002 8:19am
by Paritosh
Sri Sarada Society
A few days ago, I received the Sri Sarada Society Notes of Winter 2002 and read it again and again. What makes this issue special for me is to see Mother’s work and plans. I feel humbled and think Mother must be smiling at all of us. She does her job and gets it done...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2002 12:43pm
by Paritosh
Greetings from Banglore
Spent most of my time sitting on the Rock (in the Ramakrishna Ashram, Banglore) sanctified by Sri Maa. I thought about all my sisters an brothers in the Courtyard and here I send my vast overflow of joy to you all. Tonight I leave for Chennai on my way to Ramana...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2002 9:45pm
by Vriju Aswani
Hang in there
The flame of faith burns in each one of us. Yet this flame all doesn’t always shine this bright. There are so many times that the flame dwindles and the light gets dimmed. Just a few days ago, I was undergoing an experience and felt very bad and did not know what...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 19, 2002 10:39pm
by Paritosh
No Subject
Jai matre namah Thank you Jayanti! Your attentiveness and patience is truly appreciated. Your words have blessed my day. thanks.
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2002 11:05am
by brandon
Re: Re: Storms, Dark Nigjhts, and Sunlight
Anthony has expressed what I also feel about Jayanti's post. I think this site is special because of Mother being present here. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Jayanti, Thankyou! A concise and beautiful explanation of a very complex subject...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2002 11:24am
by Paritosh
Re: Storms, Dark Nigjhts, and Sunlight
Jayanti, Thankyou! A concise and beautiful explanation of a very complex subject for many devotees. This site is definately special. Jai Sri Sri Ma. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Dear Paritosh, Brandon, and Athony -- How many wonderful to...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 4, 2002 3:41am
by Anthony
Storms, Dark Nigjhts, and Sunlight
Dear Paritosh, Brandon, and Athony -- How many wonderful topics have Been rolled into the discussion on suffering! If I may, I will try to 'unravel the ball.' This is exactly the example Holy Mother used in explaining suffering in our individual lives. It also ex...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 2, 2002 11:50am
by Jayanti
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Storms in Life
Jai Ma!! Anthony and Paritosh, and it isn't that i disagree on the topic of suffering . . . and no doubt death has affected us all as well. Your points are well taken. Perhaps this path which Ma has so graciously adorned me with has thus far been one of relative c...
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2002 10:47am
by brandon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Storms in Life
Suffering is a part of life. No one has lived in this world that has not felt pain and undergone suffering. Once a devotee of Buddha who lost her only young son came to him and asked him to grant life after this son had died. Buddha said he could do so if she got...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2002 11:18pm
by Paritosh
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Storms in Life
point taken, old son, but to use a perhaps spurious analogy; when one is in love, no mountain is insurmountable - after some years of marriage, perhaps even a small hill seems big. Also, without going into the orchard and counting the twigs too much, how many Great...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2002 7:54am
by Anthony
Re: Re: Re: Re: Storms in Life
Jai Ma!!! Yes Anthony, we should by all means be grateful for every storm, rough or slightly jarring, as well as extremely grateful for enemies, even of the worst caliber. I recall the Dalai Lama also mentioning, on the topic of anger, to experience your anger if...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2002 10:53am
by brandon
Re: Re: Re: Storms in Life
read something by the Dalai Lama recently about external 'enemies'; he reminded us that they are actually quite rare, and we should take advantage of the opportunity to learn the virtues of patience, tolerance, love, strength etc., when we encounter them. Seeing i...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2002 3:14am
by Anthony
Re: Re: Storms in Life
The wonder of Mother and Her ways is always amazing. You, Brandon have shared a wonderful path to take care of emotions like anger and frustration. However, I always have difficulty in “controlling the mind.” I somehow like thinking of something else to distract the...
Views: 131   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2002 9:37pm
by Paritosh
Re: Storms in Life
Jai Ma!!! Greetings to all here in Mother's Courtyard. Paritosh, I enjoyed your message about the "storms" that we all encounter from time to time. I agree completely with the idea that they are an integral part of our relationships with Ma, with maya as well...
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2002 1:26pm
by brandon
Storms in Life
Storms are an integral part of spiritual life. They may be internal or external. I think, each one is different in its presentation and how they need to be faced. There is often no control over the external storm. They present in the form of distractions...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2002 8:07pm
by Paritosh
Re: Re: thank you!!
Brandon, we are all glad you are doing well. Jayanti’s post made me think …. Does Mother need us to help Her in her plan? I do not think so. Mother can do it all alone without any help, but She would like to help us by allowing us to be part of the plan. This “al...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2002 9:55pm
by Paritosh
Brandon, we are all glad you are doing well. Jayanti’s post made me think …. Does Mother need us to help Her in her plan? I do not think so. Mother can do it all alone without any help, but She would like to help us by allowing us to be part of the plan. This “al...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2002 11:05pm
by Paritosh
Re: thank you!!
We are happy that you are doing well, Brandon, and can sit to enjoy mangos for a time. Remember Mother's great insight and practicality, too. When people complained that Thakur's sannyasin disciples were doing work, Mother said the work was good for them becaus...
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2002 4:52pm
by Jayanti
Re: Re: Re: thank you!!
Jai MA! greetings . . .things are quite well, and while I haven't commenced looking for a new job, there exists a certain sensation that there really is nothing to worry oneself about. Not a day goes by however where I fail to find myself performing salutations to M...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 23, 2002 1:12pm
by brandon
Brandon: how are you doing? Hope with Mother's grace you are doing well.
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2002 1:14am
by Paritosh
Re: thank you!!
You are liberal with your praise like a true son of the Mother. But know that what I wrote was because I too have suffered and had pain. At that time I did not know where to turn and sometimes willingly but often unwillingly, since everything else failed I turned to...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2002 9:40pm
by Paritosh
thank you!!
First off, I extend my love to Jayanti and Paritosh for the time donated to the topic on which I selfishly expounded . . .This courtyard is truly steeped in the divine when one can write the way I did and in turn receive such heartfelt replies. Jayanti, thank you fo...
Last Post: Oct 18, 2002 2:01pm
by brandon
Re: Mother is with you (some typos)
OOOPS 3rd paragraph should read "I have NOT realized God." 5th para should read "then wait... wait...."
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2002 6:31pm
by Paritosh
Mother is with you
Dear Brandon: I have read your note. Here are my thoughts. Mother is always with you and within you whatever path you take. This job, another job or no job She has taken your responsibility. Know that and be very very secure in that knowledge. Mother never ask...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2002 6:25pm
by Paritosh
Under Mother's protection
Dear Brandon, This is a tough one. First, a motherly concern. Certainly you feel comfort having stood up for Ma. But is your future secure? If you wanted too, do you think you can return to the job you liked? Or another? I think Mother would have these concern...
Views: 234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2002 4:07pm
by Jayanti
No Subject
Om go-matre namah! Good morning everyone . . . Please excuse the subject change. I ventured here today with two missions. The first was a conscious choice made in order to share in inspirational talk of Ma and her many forms and also to see old friends in action...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2002 11:54am
by brandon
Re: Re: Swamiji in America
Thanks for the reminder of that one, Paritosh. Again am not certain, but think that if one checks the dates it's even more interesting as Swamiji was but 19 at the time. --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I do not remember this story but know anot...
Last Post: Oct 14, 2002 4:00am
by Anthony
Re: Swamiji in America
I do not remember this story but know another one. Ofcourse very possible for Swamiji to do that. There was a disciple of Parahamsa Yogananda author of “Autobiography of a Yogi” One of Yogananda’ disciples met Swamiji on his visit to the US (Parahamsa Yogananda ca...
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2002 10:25pm
by Paritosh
Swamiji in America
Read somewhere that Swamiji, by looking intently at someone (on a subway ?), put that person into a trance state. Could someone clarify this story. Alas I left my Life volumes back in England. Thanks. Also, any other stories about Swamiji or Sri Sri Ma...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2002 6:28pm
by Anthony
Re: Re: Re: places
Thanks for your thoughts on Dakshineshwar and Belur. However, even though you did not perceive being uplifted did the visit later not culminate with your receivig Diksha? Think. Having received the mantra from your Gurudev did you not begin your spiritual jour...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2002 11:24pm
by Paritosh
Re: Re: places
Thanks for the interesting and informative reply, Paritosh. Am sure Jayrambati is all that you say, and i too must go back some years to recall my visit to Dakshineswar. Everywhere was closed and I wandered around for a while, actually witha a somewhat disappointed...
Last Post: Oct 2, 2002 10:20pm
by Anthony
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
Brandon: Welcome to the courtyard... on second thoughts who am I to welcome a child when he comes to be with his own Mother? So let me say, I am glad to see you over here. I would like to remind all of us here that what we overhear here is what Mother wants us to lis...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2002 10:24pm
by Paritosh
Re: places
Anthony thanks for reminding me of all those places …. each one has its own flavor. It would be a difficult choice to make so let me take a journey to those places with all of you and that may help in answering this wonderful question. Jayrambati is what can I say...
Last Post: Sep 27, 2002 10:16pm
by Paritosh
places
Was wondering whether any of the children who visit the courtyard have a favourite place of pilgrimage. Not having had the fortune yet of visiting either Jayrambati or Kamarpukur, personally i opt for Hardwar and Kankhal, closely followed by Varanasi. In the uk it...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2002 7:06pm
by Anthony
places
Was wondering whether any of the children who visit the courtyard have a favourite place of pilgrimage. Not having had the fortune yet of visiting either Jayrambati or Kamarpukur, personally i opt for Hardwar and Kankhal, closely followed by Varanasi. In the uk it...
Last Post: Sep 27, 2002 7:06pm
by Anthony
Re: Re: Re: Re: "No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
jai sri ramakrishna!!! Aren't we all premature babies??? Don't get me wrong, I too find inspiration, unconditional love and solace within the compassionate words of MA regardless of what form she speaks through. Some books closest to my heart, Mata Meera's "Answer...
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2002 8:23am
by brandon
Re: Re: Re: "No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
As Anthony suggests each one has his own needs. I need these books and all the strength and support while on this path. As Sri Ramakrishna says... doesn't the Mother know and provide the meals according to the needs of the child? Maybe I am the premature baby...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2002 10:29pm
by Paritosh
Re: Re: "No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
Both points are correct, surely ? It depends upon the needs of the aspirant. At present i would agree with Paritosh on this one; reading the biographies is always a source of inspiration; the Teachings are on the whole well known by now, but the lives of the Great...
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2002 10:14pm
by Anthony
Re: "No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
Vriju, thank you for that wonderful passage . . . how refreshing it is to be reminded of such simplicity. Oh ma, what use could I possibly have for knowledge just make me drunk with your divine love!!!!! --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Recentl...
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2002 3:04pm
by brandon
Re: "No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
This story reminds me of what Sri Ramakrishna mentions in the Gospel of not getting a single drop of water from the almanac. He then goes on to remind M (and all of us) that nothing is achieved my mere reading of books. While I agree to the limited use of books in...
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2002 10:22pm
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
"No Mirror Can Ever Shave"
Recently I read the following in "The Maharshi" Newsletter (Vol. 12, No. 5)[Originally from the 1972 issues of the Mountain Path magazine]and wish to share it with you in the Mother's Courtyard. It was in 1940 that one day one of the devotees sitting in the hall...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2002 8:16am
by Vriju
Re: letters from Pravrajika Mokshaprana
Dear friends, It is a nice letter Amit ji has forwarded to us. It reassures us the ever presence of Mother, her love and care for us. We have nothing to worry. It is very difficult to realise this fact as we are still bound by the ego. But for those who are asp...
Last Post: Sep 14, 2002 5:25pm
by samudra gupta
letters from Pravrajika Mokshaprana
Dear Friends, Jai Sri Ramakrishna I copied one letter from Mokshaprana Mataji's book. You may like reading it. Amit --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 27.6.96 My Dear -----, I duly received your letter dated...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2002 1:24pm
by Amit Neogi
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50