Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Timing Companies
The people who've been timing my 5K for the past 6 years are getting out of the business, and not available for the June 16 event. Easy out and back course in Lehigh Gorge State Park, Jim Thorpe. About 150-200 runners max. So far I'm reaching out to Pretzel City Spo...
Views: 610   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 30, 2020
by Lerod Manji
College Track Coach Needed!
Keystone College is in search of a Head Track & Field Coach. Please contact Dr. Matt Grimmaldi, Director of Athletics, for more information at 570-945-5141. Keystone would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
Views: 555   Replies: 2
by Lerod Manji
s
Sue
Warehouse For sale
warehouse for sale warehouse for sale warehouse for sale warehouse for sale Warehouse For Sale Miami Warehouse For Sale In Miami Florida
Views: 149   Replies: 1
by Lerod Manji
d
Doug A
Diamonds program deadline
Just a follow up from my previous post. If you wish to have your name appear in the 108th Run For The Diamonds program, we must receive your application before Saturday November 11th. Also runners and family members interested in attending the pasta dinner held at th...
Views: 574   Replies: 3
by Lerod Manji
t
TW
Kobusky
Did you notice the front page story in the Times Leader today was about Jacob Kobusky of Wyoming Valley West being accepted to West Point? Jacob won the Junior High Robbins cross country meet a few years back and is a four time coaches all-star in cross country, a...
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 04, 2018
by TW
r
Remy
D&H Trail in Forest City
So I drove up to the D&H trail a week or two ago, but it was closed for some construction. Anyone know if it's open now or if they're still doing work on it? It's a 40 minute drive from where I live in Scranton so I'd like to know if it's open before making the trek...
Views: 389   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 30, 2018
by TW
t
TW
W-B YMCA Duathlon
I didn't see a listing for the Wilkes-Barre YMCA Duathlon. Is that going to be held this year? It's one of my favorites. I've only missed it once in its history. I also didn't see the Jim Thorpe Race Street Run. IOs that being held this year?
Views: 478   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 28, 2018
by Mike M
Cherry Blossom
Congrats to Traci, Karen, Ron, Tony, Tom, and all the WVS for another successful Cherry Blossom run. This has becoming one of the oldest races in the area and is geared for all caliber runners. With no traffic and start, finish in Kirby Park it makes for an enjoyable...
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 08, 2018
by Doug A.
k
KB
Jr High Track
Hello Running Community I am curious what they do for Jr high track and field and XC these days? I do see they have some kind of team at my kids school but not sure if the have the dual meets or just do invitationals. Also is it just 7 & 8th grade and 9th goes u...
Views: 724   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 03, 2018
by KB
Looking for a group
My name is Matthew. I am 32 and have been a avid trail runner for some time now. I always run alone but I am looking for a person or group that would like to join me on trail runs. I stay in the general Scranton/Carbondale area. I know some wonder off the path trails...
Views: 453   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2018
by TW
11th Annual Susquehanna Warrior Trail 5K on April 7, 2018
The 11th Annual Susquehanna Warrior Trail 5K Race / Fun Walk will be held on Saturday April 7, 2018 in Shickshinny, PA. at the pavilion located at Oak and North Canal Streets. Registration will be from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. The race will begin at 10:15 a.m. The whe...
Views: 549   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 02, 2018
by Flash
Keystone Games
Looking for information on Keystone Games, scheduled for July 25 - 30. What are the events? How do we register?
Views: 463   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2018
by Max Furek
Ben August race
The JCC's Ben August 3 Miler was set for Sunday, March 25. The event was cancelled on FB and now on neparunner it's listed for April yet still on the March calendar. Can someone clarify, please?
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2018
by Mike M.
t
TW
World Indoors
There has been very good coverage of the World Indoor Track Championship. It's still going on this evening on NBC Sports if you want to catch some action.
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 03, 2018
by TW
p
Paul C
Is all of Lake Scranton open ?
Just curious if all the trail around Lake Scranton is open ? Or are they still working on sections?
Views: 383   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2018
by Mike M.
Run In Peace, Vince Wojnar!
Like anyone who will visit this message board thread, I'm heartbroken today over the loss of Vince. Maybe we can all post a happy memory of how we met him and how he impacted our lives? There's probably a million stories and we can all take comfort in the memories...
Views: 749   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 26, 2018
by doc w
rest in peace
Vince was an amazing man who did so much for the running areas . He will be missed by all . I'm saddened by his loss and I will keep Vince and his family in my prayers .
Views: 333   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 03, 2018
by Rick
r
Ronnie
Indoor running tracks
Does anyone know if there are indoor tracks open to the public in the Scranton area? Excluding ESU.
Views: 403   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2018
by John Kirby
t
TW
2017 Mileage
It's time to total up mileage for 2017. This past year I ran 1019 miles, mountain biked 200 and road biked 276. This gets me up to 60,028 running miles since I started running. Considering I'm abut 50% slower now than back in the 70's, I would have probably done 1500...
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 02, 2018
by Chris
Thanks Again To Mike !!
Once again, a heartfelt thanks to Mike for this terrific website. I managed to run or walk 30 races this year, and would not have known about many of them without this website. Thanks also to all the race directors and volunteers out there for all they do. Happ...
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 01, 2018
by Steve B
t
TW
Yearly ranking
Track & Field News published their yearly lists of top performances (40 deep) and there were two from NEPA. 18. Tessa Barrett - 5k - 15:28 22. Regan Rome - 10K - 33:06 Congratulations to both.
Views: 363   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 29, 2017
by TW
d
Doug A
Run For The Diamonds
To all that are training for the "108th Run For The Diamonds". Again this year the Berwick Marathon association has placed a porta-jon in the parking lot outside the Berwick Elks on 3d St. and can be used by all runners in training. The water closet will be in place...
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 02, 2017
by Doug A
t
TW
Syracuse X-C
Syracuse Univ. started its cross country season by crushing the competition in a big invitational at Boston last week. Dominick Hockenbury from NEPA was 19th overall which was great. The only downside is that he was the eight runner on the Syracuse team. They took 3-...
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 02, 2017
by TW
Incredible Performance By Dave Talcott
Some of you may know Dave and Erin Talcott, elite racewalkers from Owego NY. They show up occasionally for races in NE PA, where they typically walk 5k in 25 minutes flat. Both have set multiple national age group records. For the past two years, they have hosted a l...
Views: 679   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 26, 2017
by Jeff Knutson
Trail Runner Breaks Appalachian Trail Record
Joe McConaughy presents an excellent example of an individual who, as he pushed the proverbial card, has raised the bar for others. Nicknamed “Stringbean,” the former Boston College track and cross-country runner ran the famed Appalachian Trail in a recor...
Views: 605   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 22, 2017
by Maxim Furek
Volunteers need for 22nd Steamtown Marathon
Steamtowntown Marathon 22, October 8, 2017 needs help again. As in past years so many of you have responded to our needs with great appreciation. We do need assistance in the Scranton area as well as in Dickson City and Mid Valley area. Traffic control at intersectio...
Views: 405   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 08, 2017
by McLaugh
t
TW
Valley's Fastest (wo)Man
They may need to change the title of the mile race series to Valley's Fastest Woman. Out of the 5 major age groups, in three, the women's winning cumulative time was better than the men's. Congratulations ladies. The highlight for the men as that John Martino eked...
Views: 485   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2017
by JM
t
TW
Suggestions for race organizers
The Pittston Tomato Festival 5K is a quality event. The organization is good, the course is well marked and traffic controlled well, the course is challenging, Justin’s (SRC) timing is impeccable and the crowd is nice. But running in the race this past weeke...
Views: 520   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2017
by Charity
g
Genene
Record time?
My son turned ten in June and this past weekend ran the valley 5 k in Conyngham in 20:58 ( a pretty challenging course with hills). He is not a runner and, in fact, has not run three consecutive miles since he ran the race last year at age 9 with a time of 22:03. I...
Views: 469   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 07, 2017
by Genene
t
TW
Mile vs. Marathon
I tend to agree with this. I have no interest in slogging through a marathon just to finish. I'd rather race a shorter distance (even though I'm not very good at either distance). https://www.outsideonline.com/2230186/fast-mile-more-impressive-slow-marathon Wha...
Views: 693   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 04, 2017
by Wildbill
Jack Daniels Mile
Just returned from the Jack Daniels Mile in Tunkhannock with my son. It has been 25 years since I was there and the race is still a top area event. Unfortunately, I did not run but my son, Jonathan (7) had a great time running, then enjoying the food and rides at the...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 03, 2017
by Kim Gasper
Plymouth is not a safe place
My daughter and I went for a run last night at the Plymouth levee and to no surprise when we pulled up to start warming up here comes 3 four wheelers on the top of the levee cursing and yelling, having no concern for us as usual, not the first time. My daughter came...
Views: 497   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 02, 2017
by avondale
Jordan Hasay's Dad
I never heard this mentioned before, that Jordan Hasay's dad graduated from and played basketball at Northwestern High School in Shickshinny. http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/amid-hasay-familys-grief-jordan-runs-stronger-than-ever https://www.si.com/va...
Views: 690   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 31, 2017
by EdH.
r
rick
Benton Rodeo run
Benton race for Leukemia. Flash Barchik master of ceremonies puts a lot of exuberance into all parts of this race. Nice kids run. Four elderly over 65 runners from Berwick: Gensel, Canouse, Hueholt and the return to competition of Maxim Furek. Max Sitler tackle...
Views: 513   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 30, 2017
by RA
i
Isabel
Visiting Scranton, Looking for places to run
Hi, I am visiting Scranton the week of August 1 and need places to run for my training. During the week I will need to run between 5-8 miles and on Saturday my long run will require about 14-15 miles. Any suggestions as to where I can go that is safe and lit?...
Views: 525   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2017
by TW
k
Kris
Tshirt Quilts ?
Does anyone in the area make tshirt quilts ? Would rather pay a local person to make it then ship them to an online site..
Views: 502   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 18, 2017
by Mike M
j
Jenn
Back into running need some advice
So, I'm just getting back into running and exercise (I'm 2 weeks back in) after a year hiatus after my separation. I have the mindset this time that i want to be more serious with everything, Its been a super tough year and I want to finally focus on things i used...
Views: 767   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 17, 2017
by Doc w
I saw you running...
This was the best thread ever,,,,originally started by Mclaugh on the prev forum.....but I missed seeing it on the site,,,,,well, today I saw my buddy Joe Stanitis running at planet fitness. Was great to see him running again, cause hes been sidelined since a running...
Views: 4454   Replies: 41
Last Post: Jul 16, 2017
by rick
r
RonR
Black Diamond Trail
Will be group run on Thursdays this year instead of Wednesdays...5 pm
Views: 632   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 22, 2017
by RonR
m
Matt
The mile at the Adrian Martinez Classic
http://adrian-martinez-classic.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?do=info&event_id=9577 The first ten runners were under 4 minutes in the men's mile event!
Views: 586   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2017
by Matt
m
Matt
Tewksbury Developmental All-Comer Meet
I'm trying to plan out my summer in terms of running and maybe racing but I work second shift so it's not easy to make it to too many of the week day races. I have a few questions about the meets: Are there blocks provided for starting the sprint events? What i...
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2017
by Matt
t
TW
NCAA National Championship
Two of our NEPA distance runners have qualified for the NCAA national Championships Eugene, Oregon during the weekend of 7 June. They accomplished this by their performance at the Eastern Regionals in Lexington, Kentucky last weekend. These races are referred to as "...
Views: 499   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 09, 2017
by TW
Tyler Kubilus 5K and Kids Dash - Saturday June 10, 2017
Join us for the 8th Annual Tyler Kubilus 5K at Lakeland H.S. on Saturday June 10, 2017. 5K WALK/RUN AND KIDS DASH: 5K Day of Race Registration Accepted: 7:30am - 9am (increases on race day to $25.00/adult $20.00/ 17yrs & under) Race Start: 9am Course: 5K...
Views: 514   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 29, 2017
by Huckleberry
k
Kim
Herbie's Hometown Loop- race entry fee: FREE!
For all those who want all the amenties for a low race registration fee. It does not get any lower than "FREE.' Herbie's Hometown Loop 4 mile run/walk or 10 mile run will be held on Saturday, August 12th in historic Bellefonte, PA. in conjunction with the Bellefonte...
Views: 503   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2017
by Kim
m
Missy
Volunteers Needed for May 27th Race in Harrisburg
Looking for volunteers for our Race in Harrisburg on City Island. In exchange you can have a free race registration for any US Road Running Race on our current schedule. Please email me at missy@usroadrunning.com if you are interested. Thanks!
Views: 392   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2017
by Missy
j
Jim
race fee inflation
It seems like race fees are getting over priced. I know it is for the cause but I also get personal satisfaction from competing and it is not becoming fun anymore because races are 20$ plus. Then to register online seems like another way to get another couple of doll...
Views: 1892   Replies: 22
Last Post: May 04, 2017
by ac
t
TW
Susquehanna Warrior Trail
The Susquehanna Warrior Trail between Berwick and West Nanticoke is a valuable asset for runner, bikers and many others in our area. It is well groomed, beautiful and a great place to run. Come out and try it if you haven’t already. The Susquehanna Warrior Trai...
Views: 455   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 02, 2017
by TW
Couch to 5K training--CHEAP. :)
I see the thread below is all about how expensive it is to run races. Well, do I have a deal for you! How about 8 weeks of training (3 practices per week-total of 24 practices), a membership to an awesome running club for a year (the Wyoming Valley Striders), AND...
Views: 452   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 02, 2017
by McLaugh
k
Kim
Boston Marathon
Speaking of Boston, if you are in need of a room Boston weekend (Easter), I have an extra room at the La Quinta in Somerville, Ma. It is located just 2 miles from Boston. It is in a great area, Assembly Square outlets, new "T" station just quarter mile and restaurant...
Views: 480   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2017
by Kim
k
Kim
Ed Whitlock
I was very sad (& shocked) to read of Ed Whitlock's passing on Monday. He was an incredible (& humble) runner. No fancy shoes, no coach, no contracts, just pure love for the sport and always with a smile on his face! http://www.runnersworld.com
Views: 542   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 02, 2017
by wildbill
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet