Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Views: 165   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 9, 2011 8:36am
by ankur
a
ankur
Sri Ramakrishna
http://www.vedantauk.com/magazine/2011/Mar-Apr2011.pdf Swami Bhuteshananda Moulding Our Lives with Sri Ramakrishna’s Teachings One of the sayings of Sri Ramakrishna which he repeated many times, was, “I have made the mould and leave it for...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2011 6:04pm
by ankur
Tornadoes in North Carolina
Dear Rosemary, Have been hearing on the News about the terrible tornadoes in North Carolina. I trust that you and your family are OK. Om Shanthi Om ==============
Views: 164   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 21, 2011 9:16pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
My review of Frances Leggett book, "Late and Soon..." at Amazon. com
Photo from "Late and Soon" showing the young Betty Leggett (Thought some of you would like to see my review as appears at Amazon. com) A Buried Treasure! Overlooked in our time, this book contains a message for the ages. The well heeled stars of th...
Views: 218   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 16, 2011 6:43am
by Rosemary
a
ankur
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so eventually you learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall a...
Views: 181   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 4, 2011 11:43pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
"The Gospel of the Holy Mother"
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I left work early today to go to "Friends of the Library" Booksale at the Sudan Temple. While searching through many of the books on the "Religion" table, I saw a lot of Christian books and some books that I was interested in on the lif...
Views: 244   Replies: 25
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 1:46pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
A beautiful description of Belur Math and Vivekananda by Jules Bois
This passage from Tantine is very moving. Tantine, the Life of Josephine MacLeod, Friend of Swami Vivekananda, Pravarajika Prabuddhaprana pp. 116 - 118 On the sixteenth Joe met Bois in front of the great Eastern Hotel in Calcutta. She took him the next...
Views: 221   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 6:59pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
What is "harsh"?
Dear Brothers and Sisters, My email has been down, so I have many messages to read more closely. As I have skimmed through, however, a thought came to mind. I feel safe in affirming that Swami Vivekananda is likely to have said things that appear harsh to us r...
Views: 348   Replies: 40
Last Post: Mar 26, 2011 12:23pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Holy Company, cont, Pt 3
Dear Tom, I couldn't help but to go ahead and answer in kind. First of all, please thank your kid brother for the compliment to my blog. Also, congratulations on the upcoming happy event of the birth of your grand daughter. It is certainly a sweet event. H...
Views: 291   Replies: 31
Last Post: Mar 19, 2011 7:36am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Holy Company, cont..
Dear Tom, As you advised this is a continuation of the Holy Company thread - picking up with your quote concerning Holy Mother contracting the parasitic disease, kala-azaar (previously mis-spelled-sorry for the wild goose chase) in 1920... Poor Mother must have...
Views: 710   Replies: 36
Last Post: Mar 10, 2011 7:43am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Happy Birthday Ankur ji
Happy Birthday Ankur Acharya Ji From Nahabat Web Admin
Views: 387   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 4, 2011 3:15am
by Rosemary
On Keeping Holy Company
Perhaps the only way that I will ever be able to "keep Holy Company" is by reading the books written about the devotees and by talking with my old friends here, at Holy Mother's Courtyard. The closest Vedanta Center to me is 2 hours and 45 minutes away from me in...
Views: 292   Replies: 42
Last Post: Feb 23, 2011 11:23pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Music Holy Company
I've been enjoying the discussion of music and movies as I enjoy both. Not long ago I listened to a fun Christian spiritualist lecture comparing country music with biblical teaching about how we are to dance the dance of life without getting caught up in it. And...
Views: 185   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2011 12:18pm
by Rosemary
Painting of Madonna and Child in Jadu Mallick's parlor (TLWG)
I wanted to share this photo, in case someone had missed it. This is a photo of the painting that hung in Jadu Mallick's parlor. When Sri Ramakrishna visited Jadu Mallick, he had an intense reaction to the subject matter of this painting and the reaction lasted for...
Views: 134   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 8, 2011 10:45pm
by Jayanti
"They Lived with God" by Swami Chetanananda
Dear Ones, It has been too long a time since I have entered Holy Mother's Courtyard. Namaste to all, old and new friends, who visit here. My dear friend, Ankur, has given me a great blessing by recommending that I read two of Sister Gargi's great books on the...
Views: 168   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 5, 2011 6:37pm
by Rosemary
In Honour of Swami Vivekananda's 148th Birth Anniversary
Greetings and Salutations on this Auspicious Occasion! Click HERE for a very nice article concerning Swamiji's Birthday.
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2011 9:29pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Mother
Holy Mother is always behind me and i forget sometimes to just turn around and see. I have been gone dealing with health problems...most diabetic related stuff...i was supposed to get knee replacement then a heart problem showed up---Oh Boy! but keeping calm and as...
Views: 151   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 28, 2010 12:27pm
by Jayanti
Celebrating the Birth of Lord Jesus
NOTE: From Nahabat Web Admin: In honour of this day, celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ, we are offering the following excerpt from a lovely article, from the Tines of India entitled: "Christmas eve at the Ramakrishna Mission" : Sri Ramakrishna spent time un...
Views: 144   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 28, 2010 12:45am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
ma
Mother is so wonderful. I remember reading Mother's words so long ag, for the first time. I wondered what the deal was? so simple and so clear. soon, though i was hit by what was happening. it was as if my won simple and loving mom was there next to me...tell me it w...
Views: 145   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 20, 2010 11:50pm
by Ankur
Vivekananda’s Maha-Samadhi
Vivekananda’s Maha-Samadhi REGARDING THE SWAMI’S DEATH, JULY 4, 1902, AND HIS 1898 POEM “TO THE FOURTH OF JULY.” The cause of Swami Vivekananda’s death on the 4th of July, 1902, has been long debated as whether it was a del...
Views: 184   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 20, 2010 11:35pm
by Ankur
Mother
Where is everyone? so sad to see Mother's courtyard always empty. i remember it being full a few years ago and always talking to Brothers and Sisters about the day to day happenings of our lives and the way Holy Mother helped us on out way..remember? All Blessings...
Views: 180   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 15, 2010 9:01pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Some Books About Sri Sarada Devi etc.
NOTE: Some books about HOLY MOTHER. For more info, click HERE Please click on the image above for daily readings from: "In The Company Of The Holy Mother" Please click on the image above for daily readings from: "The Vivekananda Letters"
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2010 10:11pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
In Honour of Swami Vivekananda's 147 Birth Anniversary
Greetings and Salutations on this Auspicious Occasion! Click HERE for a very nice article concerning Swamiji's Birthday.
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2010 12:26am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Happy Birthday Ankur Ji
Many Happy returns, Ankur ji, on your Birthday! I will burn a stick of incense, for your welfare, before this image of Sri Saraswati:
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2010 3:24am
by Ankur Acharya
Celebrating the Birth of Lord Jesus Christ
NOTE: From Nahabat Web Admin: In honour of this day, celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ, we are offering the following excerpt from a 2008 article, from the Tines of India entitled: "Christmas eve at the Ramakrishna Mission": Sri Ramakrishna spent time under...
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2009 9:12pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Swami Ijyananda - reminiscences Part III
Continued from Part-II 29. Ijyananda Ji loved Swami Vireswarananda Ji, Holy Mother’s Disciple and the 10th President of the Ramakrishna Order very much. He used to speak now and then of him, and the life of Vireswarananda Ji brought out by Belur Math was alw...
Views: 770   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 3:41am
by Ankur Acharya
Swami Ijyananda - reminiscences Part II
Continued from Part -I Shri Raha babu informed me that he had seen Ijyananda Ji himself going out walking with an umbrella in the scorching sun to get a mistri or skilled labourer for the construction. Deka khura told me that the present junior Vice-President Maha...
Views: 502   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 3:29am
by Ankur Acharya
Swami Ijyananda - reminiscences Part I
Revered Ijyananda Ji Among the people I have interacted with in life so far, I have noticed that there are some few whose association, however brief, left a lasting beneficial impression on the mind. Included among these few are some senior monks of the Sri Rama...
Views: 495   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 3:15am
by Ankur Acharya
Narada's temptation
Narada's Temptation Mimi Frazer One day the great sage, Narada, was wandering through the Himalayas when he came upon a sacred cave of most unusual beauty. In this pure and holy place, Narada vowed to end his wanderings forever that he might worship day and night...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2009 12:36am
by Ankur Acharya
v
Vriju
Keep on Polishing the Floor!
[A short extract from a lecture by Swami Bhavyananda entitled 'Spiritual Life', transcribed by David Black. Source:Vedanta Magazine, March-April 2004] There must be strict discipline. Nothing can be achieved in spiritual life without hard struggle and practice. So...
Views: 210   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 7:06am
by Ankur
Sister Jayanti needs our prayers
Salutations, Brothers and Sisters: I have been informed that Sister Jayanti is going through some challenging times these days. Let us think of her in our daily prayers. Om Shanthi Om
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 12:01am
by Ankur
Quotes, Quotes
No postings for about a month. Hence submitting some quotes. Regards, Ankur Some Quotes of the Swami Vivekananda In the world take always the position of the giver. Give everything and look for no return. Give love, give help, give service, give any lit...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2009 12:25pm
by Ankur Acharya
174th birthday of Sri Ramakrishna
Image: Compliments of www.belurmath.org In honor of this auspicious occasion, we offer the following excerpt from the SRi Sri Ramakrishna Kathamrita, entitled: "Sri Ramakrishna’s Birth Anniversary Celebrated in Dakshineswar" Sri Ramakrishna (to M.)...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 12:23am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Swami Vivekananda's Birthday Tomorrow
Tomorrow, January 12th, 2009, is the 146th Birthday of Swami Vivekananda. In honour of this momentous occasion, if it pleases the Holy Trio, we shall be presenting daily readings from Swamiji's Letters. Simply click on the image above, to access this NEW resource...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 1:19am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Happy New Year 2009
The hereditary peasant does not give up tilling the soil though it may not rain for twelve years; but a merchant who has recently taken to agriculture is discouraged by one season of drought. The true believer is never discouraged even if he fails to see God in spite...
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 11:19pm
by Ankur Acharya
Celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ
NOTE: From Nahabat Web Admin: In honour of this day, celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ, we are offering the following excerpt from a recent article, from the Tines of India entitled: "Christmas eve at the Ramakrishna Mission" : Sri Ramakrishna spent time un...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2008 11:11pm
by Ankur Acharya
Holy Mother's birthday
Greetings to everyone on Holy Mother's birth day (18 December) according to the lunar or Indian reckoning. Some Sayings of Holy Mother I tell you one thing-if you want peace, do not find fault with others. Rather see your own faults. Learn to make the wor...
Views: 299   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 12:13am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Our Hearts go out to Mother's Children
Mother's children are everywhere and wherever there may be suffering we can imagine Her soothing presence offering comfort and hope to those who are in need. Yet is difficult not to feel a special concern for any of our sisters and brothers in Mumbai especially wh...
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 10:45pm
by jayanti
Story by Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi (from the Ramana Maharshi website)
THE SADHU AND THE THREE STONES In 1949 the inauguration of Mother’s Temple took place, and the dedicated labour of ten years was consecrated in Sri Bhagavan’s presence. In front of the Matrubhuteswara Shrine,the Jubilee Hall was built to accommodate the...
Views: 283   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 5:06am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Email Address not working
Hello Sister Jayanti, Your both email addresses are not working: inquiry@srisarada.org info@srisarada.org I know that the latter email address has been out of order for some time, but now I notice that the inquiry@srisarada.org is also not functioning.
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 1:11am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
Ankur
Quotes
No activity for some time. So giving some quotes from an article of conversations with Swami Turiyananda, direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. “This world is a bad place. But if one does not worry about himself but thinks of others and acts accordingly, one f...
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2008 4:36am
by Ankur
a
Ankur
Destiny
I have a favourite quote regarding pre-destination. The quote is by Sri Ramana Maharshi, the greatest Jnani of the 20th century. The quote goes as follows: "The Ordainer controls the fate of souls in accordance with their prarabdhakarma (destiny to be worked out...
Views: 356   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 2:51am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
Ankur
St. Francis of Assisi
"You know, Brother Leo, man clings to a tiny blade of grass. Angels and devils tug at him and try to tear him away from this blade of grass. He is hungry, thirsty, the sweat gushes from his forehead, he is covered with blood, he weeps and curses...but does not let go...
Views: 332   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jul 22, 2008 2:13am
by Ankur
The Founding of the Order of Sri Ramakrishna
Greetings, esteemed brothers & sisters: Here is an interesting quote from: "In The Company of The Holy Mother" (available at all Vedanta Centres) Page 353 Swami Ishanananda: Mother: "Alas, how I wept and prayed to the Master for all this! And that is...
Views: 280   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2008 12:21am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
A touching mail
Received from my sister Samikhya Acharya. Ankur TWO BEAUTIFUL STORIES Story 1: There was once this guy who was very much in love with his girl. This romantic guy folded 1,000 pieces of paper cranes as a gift to his girl. Although, at that time...
Views: 335   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2008 11:43am
by Ankur Acharya
Do Something!
"Thakur used to say, ‘The musical notation has to be brought to the fingers. What is the use of merely speaking it?’ Thakur had just this to say, ‘Do something.’ Everything about him is practical. He used to say that one should do it eighty fi...
Views: 392   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 6, 2008 2:20am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
Ankur
Swami Ji's birthday
Swami Vivekananda's birthday by Indian reckoning today. Greetings and good wishes to all on this occasion! May we all keep walking, keep walking while inquiring within what next, what next? Regards, Ankur
Views: 364   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 4, 2008 9:06am
by Ankur Acharya
Swami Tadatmananda
Dear Brothers and Sisters, I am thinking I should share some sad news. Swami Tadatmananda, whose painting of Mother graces our courtyard, is gravely ill. He has been suffering from a blood disorder for several years, caused by his many years as an artist. It seems...
Views: 869   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 12, 2008 3:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
On this Holy Night
May the light of the Baby Jesus be reborn in our hearts. May Mother Mary guide and nurture us and may Joseph protect us. Merry Christmas to all of my brothers and sisters.
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2007 4:13am
by Jayanti
a
Ankur
Sister Jayanti, SWAMI GAHANANANDAJI MAHARAJ has passed away
MAHA-SAMADHI OF SWAMI GAHANANANDAJI MAHARAJ 14TH PRESIDENT RAMAKRISHNA MATH AND RAMAKRISHNA MISSION With deep sorrow we announce the passing away of Swami Gahananandaji, President of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, on 4 November 2007 at 5.35...
Views: 811   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 30, 2007 11:53pm
by Ankur
Wildfires in Southern California
Brothers & Sisters, Let us offer our prayers for the folks in Southern California, to have strength to deal with this terrible event, and to get on with their lives. Incidentally, Sister Jayanti lives in the San Diego area.
Views: 380   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2007 10:55pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
Ankur
A new finding about the Swami Vivekananda
Click on http://groups.google.co.in/group/holy_trinity/web/vivekanandas-visit-to-gwalior-gharana - or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't work. Regards, Ankur
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 5:38am
by Ankur
a
Ankur
Swami Vivekananda's Passing Away -- New Findings
Swami Vivekananda’s Passing Away A New Finding Chandrashekhar Chattopadhyay (Translated from Bengali by Swami Chetanananda) 4July 1902 was a memorable day. Swami Vivekananda, a great prophet of modern India, passed away at about 9:00 pm wh...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2007 4:42am
by Ankur
Mother's Courtyard Restored
Greetings to my sisters and brothers. I apologize for the ads that are now appearing here in the Courtyard. I forgot to renew the yearly subscription that removes the ad banners Hopefully these will be gone again in a week or two. Blessings to all on Sri Rama...
Views: 373   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 24, 2007 7:40pm
by Jayanti
Change of Sri Sarada Society email address
Due to the nature of Mother's maya, with its play of positive and negative, we have had to cancel info@srisarada.org. It was getting overwhelming amounts of distasteful junk mail. I grew weary of "filtering" with the hope setting filters. All may be Mother's play, b...
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2007 11:27am
by Jayanti
a
Ankur
Please pray!
Worldwide Ramakrishna Math and Mission President Swami Gahanananda Ji is at present hospitalized since last few days and is as yet unable to speak. Contributors to the Holy Mother's Courtyard may kindly add their prayers to all those who are already praying for his s...
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2007 9:23am
by Ankur
To my Brothers and Sisters
My heartfelt appreciation to each and all of you who have shown that this is indeed Mother's own courtyard. Both those who have continued posting, ever mindful of Mother's presence, and those who quietly come for Mother' darshan and holy company with other devotees...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2007 9:03pm
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Story Time: A Tale of Four Wives
Once upon a time, there was a rich King who had four wives. He loved the fourth wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best. He also loved the third wife very much and was always s...
Views: 341   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 10, 2007 7:47am
by anon
v
Vriju
Story Time: Daddy, Can I Buy Your Time?
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door. "Daddy, may I ask you a question?" "Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man. "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?" "That's none of your business. Wh...
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2007 7:38am
by Ankur Acharya
a
anon
Thank You Mother
I thank You Mother Sarada. I have done wrong and You have forgiven me, and i beg You to be with me always and guide me always.
Views: 317   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2007 12:53pm
by Ankur Acharya
Holy Mother's confrontation with Radhu's opium habit
Greetings Brothers and Sisters, The following excerpt from: "In The Company Of The Holy Mother", describes the very great suffering that Mother endured, in order to fulfill her Divine Mission. Om MAhAShakti Om ======================= A READING from: "...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2007 9:53pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
anon
where is everyone?
Hello everyone, i admit i came here after a long time.......... where is everyone though. why such less posting?
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2007 6:30pm
by Rosemary
Conversations
Respected sister Jayanti, have published in my blog below conversations with my master Sri Fhanindra. You and other members of the Mother's Courtyard may just like to go through them. The blog address is: http://yearn-for-home.blogspot.com/ With regards, Ankur
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2007 11:24am
by Ankur
Mother's accurate prediction about the demise of the Raj
Greetings brothers & sisters, During the early stages of the struggle for home rule in India, Bengal was a hotbed of illegal political activity. In the following quote from "In The Company Of The Holy Mother", we see that Mother felt very strongly about th...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 12:58am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
The Vision of Shiva
THE VISION OF SHIVA Dark Mother! Always gliding near with soft feet, Have none chanted for Thee a chant of fullest welcome? Walt Whitman It may have been that the forefathers saw it in the mountains. Or it may have been elsewhere. Somewhere it came to the Hin...
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 10:51pm
by Ankur Acharya
v
Vriju
Shankaracharya says in...
Shankaracharya says (in Vivekachudamani, 79): "The crocodile of desire clutches by the neck those who proceed to cross the sea of the world without taking with them the antidote of detachment for their journey, makes them turn round and forcibly drowns them in the...
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 2:50am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
v
Vriju
Story Time: God Exists
A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:...
Views: 330   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 5:32am
by Ankur
a
Ankur
An Intercession
AN INTERCESSION “These are the days that must happen to you: You shall not heap up what is called riches. You shall scatter with lavish hand all that you earn or achieve. You but arrive at the city to which you are destined, You hardly settle yourself to...
Views: 366   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 3, 2007 11:40am
by Ankur
Sharada Devi, a role model for modern women
Click Here to read an article entitled: "Sharada Devi, a role model for modern women"
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2007 10:39pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Another priceless quote from Holy Mother's book
Greetings to the visitors in Mother's Courtyard. Today, I am offering to you another priceless quote from Holy Mother's book. This was less than two years before her MAhAsamAdhi, on Tuesday, July 21, 1920. A READING from: "In The Company of The Holy Moth...
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 12:47am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Sri Sarada Devi's ears will ache at hearing the cry of "Mother"
Greetings to the visitors in Mother's Courtyard. Here is a wonderful quote from Mother's Book, telling about the Master's saying to Sri Sarada Devi's mother: "...Mother, your daughter will have so many children, you will see, that her ears will ache at hearing...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2007 1:07am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Blessings on Swamiji's birthday.
I come to Mother's Courtyard to be with my brothers and sisters in Mother's presence. They are celebrating Swam Vivekananda's birthday in Hollywood now. We had our San Diego puja last Sunday. Mother knows Swamiji is my spiritual hero! I think now how hard he tried...
Views: 352   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 7:22pm
by Rosemary
January 1, Kalpataru Day - special discount on books at Ramakrishna Maths
January 1, Kalpataru Day - special discount on books at Ramakrishna Maths Book discount sale The Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama will be observing January 1, Kalpataru Day, or Sri Ramakrishna's Self-Revelation Day, with a special discount on books on Sri Rama...
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2006 1:38am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
The Master and the Missing Two Hundred Rupees
The Master and the Missing Two Hundred Rupees A READING from: "In The Company of The Holy Mother" (available at all Vedanta Centres) Page 193 Sarayubala Devi: 18 September, 1912 : The Holy Mother said: "Whoever prays to him earnestly, sees him....
Views: 366   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 6, 2006 5:50pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Holy Mother's Limitless Compassion
Holy Mother's Limitless Compassion, excerpted from: "In The Company Of The Holy Mother" Page 176 Sarayubala Devi: 14 May, 1911: Men and women of different parts of the country lived in the plot of land, in front of Mother's house. They earned their live...
Views: 353   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2006 7:56pm
by Ankur
God-Vision
Greetings to visitors in Mother's Courtyard. Here is an interesting quote, excerpted from: "In The Company Of The Holy Mother", on the topic of "God-Vision". Swami Arupananda: Udbodhan (Prayer Room) 30 September, 1918: It was about ten in the morning. A...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2006 1:55am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
v
Vriju
Thouht for the Day
"May all...who have been nurtured by a mother’s love be themselves filled with a mother's affection, which is unconditional love, and express it toward others." --Paramahansa Yogananda
Views: 325   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2006 2:57pm
by Vriju
Converting to Hinduism
I ran across this statement about a man converting to Hinduism. The context of this surrounds a man who was formerly Jewish ... "Also, you cannot convert to Hinduism. It's a contradiction in terms. Hinduism decrees that we are all born into a caste (or tribe). He...
Views: 367   Replies: 18
Last Post: Oct 11, 2006 9:23am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Swami Vivekananda: Chicago Address Final Session...do we hear?
With the escalation of heated terrorism in the last century, the Swami's words are a cooling balm. There can be hardness in religion and there can be softness. By the Swami's words, I get the impression that the softness is the stronger. ADDRESS AT THE FINAL SES...
Views: 339   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 7, 2006 12:18am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
anon
Power of Mantra
I have read the the power of chanting the mantra is extremely powerful on its own accord. ie. If the mantra is chanted it will have effect. However i wonder can this be true when the person chanting the mantra is not moral.Will it still have the same effect? will...
Views: 404   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2006 3:49am
by Rosemary
a
Ankur
Stories
Nobody has posted anything for long. So I thought I would share something. It is now Durga Puja in India. The Divine Mother actually comes down to Earth for ten days and is worshipped from the sixth day in images across this part of the country, I mean Eastern India....
Views: 386   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2006 12:29am
by Ankur
v
Vriju
Story Time: The Hut on Fire
The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him. Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwo...
Views: 311   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 3:07am
by Ankur
t
Tony
Prayer
Jai Ma! i have some problems with praying, and wonder if anyone has any thoughts.. am aware of certain changes i need to make in my lifestyle, and yet seem to lack the strength to do anything..(i have a problem with certain kinds of intoxicants). This is obvi...
Views: 320   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 1, 2006 3:56am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
v
Vriju
Patanjali Yoga Sutras (Problems are a State of Mind)
The students of Yoga Sutras may find it useful to read the explanation of sutra 15 in Chapter 1 by Swami Krishnanada (of the Divine Life Society) on the following web site: http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/patanjali/raja_27.html If you would like a copy of this...
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 30, 2006 5:41am
by Ankur
Crying to God
Sri Ramakrishna ­— Cry with a very yearning heart and you shall see God. People shed pitcherfuls of tears for wife and children, they weep streams of tears for money. But who cries for the Lord? ‘Call out to God with a longing and yearning heart.R...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 24, 2006 11:58pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
a
Anon
The mind
Today my heart is heavy and I come to you Mother. Please give me the strength I need.
Views: 287   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2006 8:48am
by Anon
86th Anniversary of Holy Mother's Mahasamadhi
Dear Souls, Today is the 86th Anniversary of Sri Sarada Devi's Mahasamadhi. Here is a quote from: "In the Company of the Holy Mother" available at all Vedanta Centres: "On Tuesday, July 21, 1920, at half past one in the morning she breathed heavily several...
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2006 9:09pm
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Guru Purnima
Mother: Today is Guru Purnima please accept my pranams on this occasion. May all your children here in the courtyard have faith and devotion to you.
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2006 8:46am
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
Story time: The Donkey
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey....
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2006 2:35am
by Vriju
"Narendranath"
One day when Narendra was on the ground foor, meditating, the Master was lying awake in his bed upstairs. In the depths of his meditation Narendra felt as though a lamp wre burning at the back of his head. Suddenly he lost consciousness. It was the yearned-for, all...
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 4, 2006 4:49am
by Rosemary
v
Vriju
Self-effort and Self-surrender
The Master's teachings on the question of free will and self-surrender can be classified into two categories. On the one hand we find him saying to his devotees: "I have cooked the food, just sit down to partake of it"; "The mould is prepared, now cast your own minds...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2006 5:27am
by Vriju
a
Ankur
The City of Brahman
In the city of Brahman is a secret dwelling, the lotus of the heart. Within this dwelling is a space, and within that space is the fulfillment of our desires. What is within that space should be longed for and realized. As great as the infinite space beyond is...
Views: 361   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jun 29, 2006 7:34am
by Ankur
Taking courage through Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother
Dear friends, This is my first appearance on this bulletin devoted to Sri Sarada Devi, the Holy Mother. I have been a devotee of Holy Mother (and Sri Ramakrishna) for nearly eight years now. Swami Swahananda initiated me into Vedanta at the Vedanta Center o...
Views: 347   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 21, 2006 2:36pm
by paritosh
a
Ankur
Holy Mother in dream
Will someone interpret for me this dream. Just keen to know your thoughts. It is about the Holy Mother and the only dream about her that I remember almost clearly, more than a decade down memory lane. I dreamt that I was standing and Holy Mother came sailing in re...
Views: 378   Replies: 58
Last Post: Jun 21, 2006 8:31am
by Ankur
Chatroom
Namaste, I was wondering if anything had been going on in chat? I am now hooked up to a computer at home and would be more available on line.
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2006 2:05am
by Jayanti
Beggars
I was thinking of posting this subject, but decided not to...then, I saw Ankur's post regarding a beggar woman and changed my mind... I came across some panhandlers on Sunday with outstretched hands. In fact, there was a near crowd of them in the city I visited....
Views: 218   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 2, 2006 6:53am
by Ankur
g
gary
Mother!!!
So many things keep me running back all the time. I have a list of things that I am so sad, and so wondering about...My really close friend in Texas has died, then my dear buddy moved away...he and i were like brothers, and lived together for 20 years.. it's hard to...
Views: 221   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 31, 2006 8:17am
by Ankur
The Basket and the Baggar
Namaste, As many of the visitors to Mother's Courtyard are aware, we have been featuring daily readings from the precious book entitled: "In The Company of The Holy Mother" on our Nahabat Guestbook Tomorrow's reading, which follows, presents an interesting...
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 31, 2006 7:42am
by Ankur
a
anon
fasting
Dear all i often wonder is there much spiritual merit in fasting? why do people fast? is it there in our scriptures that fasting is a meritorious thing? anybody know what is the logic behind it. Is it that you are voluntarily sacrificing something.
Views: 275   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 30, 2006 9:18am
by Ankur
v
Vriju
Evaluating the Devil's Domain
A book published recently which is causing considerable stir, argues that current religious education has made a bad mistake in setting aside the idea of hell. The concept of a place of punishment is very useful in encouraging better behaviour, and so should not be a...
Views: 278   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 29, 2006 4:36pm
by Ankur
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50