Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Faith
Mother always shows me in my daily living that She is with me. I wish I would never doubt Her, but I guess it is a process
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2005 12:25pm
by tom
v
Vriju
Story time: All for a piece of Loincloth!
A man once took instruction from a wandering holy man. After a few days the holy man went away leaving his disciple to meditate in a hut on the outskirts of a small village. The new monk would go out each day to beg his food. He would spend rest of his time medita...
Views: 183   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 6, 2005 8:56am
by tom
Ma Sarada: The Imperishable Fragrance
Born in the holy land of Jayrambati, In a family of true divinity, Blessed was the tinsel Bengal, Least aware that it bore the feet before which bowed all. Tender Sarada, so simple and innocent, Before whom even the Lord submitted, least hesitant,...
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2005 10:29am
by tom
Swami VIvekananda's birthday
Today is Swami Vivekananda's birthday. I first read the life of Swamiji which attracted me to Vedanta. There was so much energy and power in those words. Happy Birthday Swamiji.
Views: 192   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 2, 2005 1:30pm
by tom
v
Vriju
THE LORD’S DEAREST DEVOTEE
Yasmannodvijate loko lokannodvijate cha yah; Harshamarsha bhayodvegaih mukto yah sa cha me priyah. 'One by whom the world is not agitated, and who also cannot be agitated by the world, who is freed from excessive joy, intolerance, fear and anxiety — such a...
Views: 216   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 1, 2005 2:21pm
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
A Question and the Answer
Devotee: Swamiji says that one should see Ram everywhere and in everything. What is the best means to do that? Papa: Before you can have the universal vision, you must first realise Him within you. This means you have the knowledge that you are not the body, but t...
Views: 190   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 31, 2005 9:36am
by tom
s
shiv
I remember Swamiji
Here is a beautiful incident I read in the latest issue of Prabuddha Bharata. I felt I should share it with all of you. As you are aware, Mr. and Mrs Sevier were among the staunchest and earliest disciples of Swamiji. And based on Swamiji's request, they founde...
Views: 223   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 29, 2005 9:19pm
by Paritosh
Mother and the Master
After having read "Holy Mother", there is subject matter that I would like to describe here concerning the relationship of Mother to the Master. It has occured to me after my reading that I have and never had a personal "Master" in my life. My father was not, my...
Views: 210   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 27, 2005 2:12pm
by Shakuntala
Some questions
Finally finished the last chapter of "Holy Mother". Couple of questions... There were a lot of references in the book to the taking on of karma by Mother and the Master. Of course, this is the essence of Christianity, that Jesus took on the karma of the worl...
Views: 189   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2005 7:03pm
by tom
Swami Turiyananda
Today Jan 24th is Swami Turiyananda’s birthday. Towards the end of his life he remained ill but he would say “The body knows suffering but my mind you remain in bliss” May we all have that kind of detachment towards the material world and remain...
Views: 209   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2005 6:46pm
by tom
Purpose of Life
Purpose of Life: To be Rendered Prasad Swami Vidyatmananda Swami Vidyatmananda (1913-2000), a monk of the Ramakrishna Order, was of American origin. For many years he was attached to the Vedanta Centre in Hollywood, California. Since 1966 he was associated with...
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2005 7:26pm
by tom
Swami Saradananda's birthday
Today, Jan 15th is Swami Saradananda’s birthday. His life was devoted to the Mother and more details of that relationship are described in his biography. The faith and acceptance that the Mother had on him was complete. In fact towards the last days in her life...
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2005 2:17pm
by tom
Gospel of the Holy Mother
For me the “Gospel of the Holy Mother” has always been a source of reassurance and a soothing feeling. While many people would be able to find the most profound spiritual truths in Her words, for me I just feel Her love and acceptance. The reassurance tha...
Views: 222   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 14, 2005 5:27pm
by Jayanti
Stepping on the tail of a cobra
Namaste to all, I talk so much here, I wanted to shelve this issue til later, but this seems to be the time. Please forgive the fact, that I do not have exact references, but almost all of these incidents are recorded in "Holy Mother". If I remember somethin...
Views: 260   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 6, 2005 4:21am
by Rosemary
v
Vriju
With Mother, we can find our spiritual feet
From the Editorial of the January issue of 'Prabuddha Bharata': Anon-descript rickshaw-puller walked into the bookstall of a Ramakrishna Mission institution and asked for a freshly released, bulky Bengali volume on Sri Sarada Devi (Shatarupe Sarada). He was rather...
Views: 224   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 5, 2005 10:25am
by paritosh
Kalpatru Day
Mother: Today is 1st January 2005 and Kalpatru Day. Please accept my pranams. You know everything. I need not say more. Best wishes to all my sisters and brothers here in the courtyard.
Views: 208   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 5, 2005 1:52am
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Mother's Birthday
The test of life alone proves the genuineness of a moral virtue or a spiritual value. Virtues are tested more in difficult circumstances of life than in good fortune. It is easy to maintain poise and grace in good weather. It is only bad weather that tests their gen...
Views: 199   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2005 9:04am
by Rosemary
On Mother's Birthday
One of Mother's son's has written: "For me there is nothing more special than Her birthday. . . wish us all progress towards the Supreme goal." May Mother accept the loving greetings and fulfill the heartfelt desires of all her waiting children.
Views: 168   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2005 5:53am
by Paritosh
Question about a teaching of Mother's
Namaste, Mother once said, (I do not direct quote here) a woman's only (I do not know if she used the word "adornment" or "ornament") adornment is modesty. In my upbringing modesty referred to covering the body, or to a lack of boasting. Somehow, I would li...
Views: 209   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 3, 2005 3:23am
by tom
Aids to our development
Tom has written that the Dakshineswar Kali Temple is off limits to Westerners. This has not not been the case for a long time, if ever. (I think there may have been a time, earlier.) I am a Westerner in a wheelchair and was blessed to go to Dakshineshwar in 1991....
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2005 5:25am
by Rosemary
Missing a friend
I am missing one of my spiritual brothers here in the courtyard. We have not heard from him in over a year. I hope he is doing well and hope he knows that Mother is always taking care of him. I posted something similar in Jan 2004 and have not heard anything from him...
Views: 213   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 31, 2004 11:50pm
by tom
Please post test messages here.
Are you playing with us, Mother? Or do you,. as Paritosh suggests, have your own plans for your Celebration?? (We are experiencing disappearing messages. Hoping to discover the problem soon. Please help by posting a test message here.)
Views: 157   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 29, 2004 10:14pm
by tom
m
Marie
HAPPY BIRTDHAY SWEET MOTHER
Sois autant aimée que tu aimes. HAPPY BIRTDHAY SWEET MOTHER LOVE
Views: 195   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 29, 2004 9:47pm
by tom
taken from a letter by Sister Nivedita
Happy Birthday Mother, This says it so well... "I wish we could send you a wonderful hymn, or a prayer. But somehow even that would seem too loud, too full of noise! Surely you are the most wonderful thing of God--Sri Ramakrishna's own chalice of his Love for...
Views: 204   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 29, 2004 7:08am
by tom
celebrating Mother's Birthday
Paritosh has asked if there is any way we might celebrate Mother's birthday. Perhaps Tom and Rosemary have given us a start. I am thinking we might share something about Mother that is meaningful. A book, a ;picture, an inicent in her life...
Views: 163   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 28, 2004 1:28am
by Jayanti
At your lotus feet
Mother, I wish I knew the words to tell of my gratitude. If only I could see you in the flesh. You are the first I go to in suffering and trouble, why are you not the first in my thoughts when the blessed relief from worry and trouble comes? I am not a goo...
Views: 163   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 25, 2004 5:43pm
by Paritosh
Thoughts at Christmas
"The great soul, the Messenger, came at a period of history of his race which we may well designate as a great fall. We catch only little glimpses here and there of the stray records that have been kept of his sayings and doings; for verily it has been well said that...
Views: 164   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 25, 2004 5:32pm
by Paritosh
Flowers today
Mother: Please accept a flower at your feet today. Bless me that I may always have faith and devotion today and always. Your child, Paritosh
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2004 9:57pm
by Paritosh
Musings again on Mother's Discrimination (vs self preservation)
Hello again to all, Once again my mind is diving deep. I remember a previous post about Mother's discrimination where my point was that Mother knew what was in peoples hearts and what their purity and intentions were. Most replies, quite correctly, addressed th...
Views: 190   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 30, 2004 8:09pm
by Rosemary
Thanksgiving 2004
Happy Thanksgiving to my spiritual family here in the courtyard. Among the daily grind of life, all of you continue to remind and inspire me of my eternal relationship with the Mother. Thank you. To Mother, there are no words to express what I feel.
Views: 174   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2004 1:49pm
by Jayanti
a
Anon
a thought
Always remember that the Mother is protecting you.
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2004 2:22am
by Anon
Diwali Greetings
Today is Diwali the festival of lights. It is celebrated as Lakshmi Puja or Kali Puja depending on which part of India you come from. On this auspicious day I offer flowers to the Mother from all of us here in the courtyard and also send greetings to all my siblin...
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2004 2:17am
by Paritosh
e
eamonn
sarada devi stickers
where on this planet can i buy some sarada devi stickers key ring and photos. love from scotland uk please e -mail. namahste
Views: 200   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2004 3:14pm
by Jayanti
Life beyond the Shrine
Life beyond the shrine has its effect in our spiritual life and spiritual growth. Often there are secular changes around us which affect the world and us personally. they are not spiritual matters they may interfere with our faith of what is right and should have ha...
Views: 202   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 5, 2004 5:44pm
by Rosemary
v
Vriju
Restlessness and Worry
Everybody has them to some degree...Restlessness in the mind shows itself in the restlessness in the body. The body is the servant. It has no authority of its own. Whatever the body does is being dictated by the mind, whether we are aware of that or not. Most of the...
Views: 186   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 28, 2004 3:14pm
by Rosemary
Something meaninful (to me) from Mothers life
Thanks to Jayanti and Vriju for the response to my earlier post. In my reading last night this was meaningful for me. "Holy Mother" p 263 "When Holy Mother was leaving for Jayrambati, the devotees went upstairs to take the dust of her feet. Latu remained in...
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2004 5:56pm
by Rosemary
v
Vriju
Story time: The Dharma Practice
While we are trying to practice the Dharma, let's not get entrenched in superficial appearances. There is a story of one Tibetan man who wanted to practice Dharma, so he spent days circumambulating holy relic monuments. Soon his teacher came by and said, "What you...
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2004 2:40pm
by Vriju
Mother's family
Hello to all, Can anyone tell me what eventually happened with Mother's neice Radhu? I am now finishing the life story of Mother and would like to know. Also, I am asking for the prayer support of my spiritual family. I am having a trapped feeling at work,...
Views: 145   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 27, 2004 2:32pm
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Worship and Prayer
We use the words "worship" and "prayer" frequently. Swami Shraddhananda has given an excellent explanation of these two spiritual practices in his book "Seeing God Everywhere -- A Practical Guide to Spiritual Living" Edited by Pravrajika Vrajaprana and published by t...
Views: 204   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 25, 2004 12:47pm
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Day Ten: Vijaydasami
Today is the glorious day of the celebration of the victory of 'good' over 'evil' — Mother's Victory. It is a day of victory, when all mankind have received the supreme assurance that so long as they turn to the Mother in their distress, there will be no lack o...
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 22, 2004 8:44pm
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Thank you Jayanti
I know all devotees join me in expressing our deep gratitude to sister Jayanti for her devotion and tireless effort in creating and maintaining the Holy Mother's Courtyard where we can all join together in a cyberspace sat-sang and inspire one another. May the Div...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2004 1:26pm
by Vriju
v
Vriju
Navaratri: Day Nine (2)
Today is the last day, the ninth of the nine-day worship of the Mother. It is through Her supreme compassion and grace that we have been given this precious opportunity and occasion for expressing our devotion and adoration of Her Divine Feet. Thereby we elevate our...
Views: 180   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2004 1:21pm
by Vriju
v
Vriju
Navaratri: Day Nine
Sri Ramakrishna has said on different occasions about Holy Mother: 'She is Sarada; Saraswati; she has come to impart knowledge.' 'She is my Shakti.' 'Know her and myself to be one and the same.' Swami Vivekananda referred to Holy Mother as 'Durga' in a letter to...
Views: 173   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2004 6:35am
by Vriju
navaratri Day Eight
An incident in Mother's life: Once at Jayrambati a calf was crying in the compound of the Holy Mother's house in the early hours of the morning. It had been seperated from its dam, which was going to be milked. On hearing the cries of the calf, the Mother hurried...
Views: 163   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2004 1:07pm
by Paritosh
Navaratri Day Seven
]"One must be patient like the earth. What iniquities are being perpetuated on her! Yet she quietly endures them all." -- Sri Sarada Devi ******************* May Mother bless us with patience and forbearance.
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 6:54am
by Rosemary
PEACEFUL MA !
PLEASE ACCEPT THE FLOWER OF ME AND LEAD ME THROUGH THE EVILS OF LIFE.TAKE ME WITH U ALONG BY UR HOLY HANDS.
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 6:16am
by LAVANYA
v
Vriju
Story time: The Stench of Hatred
The Stench of Hatred Author Unknown A kindergarten teacher has decided to let her class play a game. The teacher told each child in the class to bring along a plastic bag containing a few potatoes. Each potato will be given a name of a person that the child hat...
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 4:05am
by Jayanti
Day 6
"Before commencing your daily meditation, first think of your utter helplessmenss and then slowly begin to meditate as directed by your guru." from "Holy Mother" p. 222 When my children were very young, we attended an outdoor party. I was feeling very in contr...
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 4:01am
by Jayanti
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMPASSIONATE MOTHER
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMPASSIONATE MOTHER P. Murugan The Tamil journal of the Ramakrishna Order, Sri Ramakrishna Vijayam, held an essay competition on the topic “My Experience with the Compassionate Holy Mother” on the occasion of Sarada Devi, The...
Views: 243   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 3:50am
by Jayanti
a
ankur
ma, ma
ma, ma, that is what i consider to be the last message-benediction to me by revered bhuteshananda maharaj. it was march, 1998. i was a probationer in advaita ashrama, kolkata. i was being asked to go back by aurobindo maharaj as he felt that i did not have self-contr...
Views: 201   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 19, 2004 12:52am
by ankur
v
Vriju
Navaratri Day Five
Holy Mother gave a high place to japa and meditation. Japa purifies the mind, creates inner calmness, and leads to meditation. "As wind removes a cloud, so does the name of God disperse the cloud of worldliness." "No doubt you must do your duties. This keeps yo...
Last Post: Oct 18, 2004 2:42pm
by Paritosh
The Healing Balm of Mother's Love
To all, The postings today remind me of an incident in my life. When my children were very young, I felt danger in the apartment,and we were there alone and the front door was unlocked and I thought someone was there and I had fear. I walked myself to the fr...
Views: 186   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 17, 2004 9:01am
by ankur
a
ankur
mother's grace
i am just an ordinary boy but i consider myself having three teacher-friends, swami bhuteshananda-diksha guru- embodiment of bhagavan ramakrishna, swami ranganathananda- brahmacharya guru- embodiment of swami ji and shri fhanindra- sannyasa guru-embodiment of the div...
Views: 155   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2004 8:18am
by ankur
Navratri Day Four
"Why should you be afraid? Surrender yourself to Sri Ramakrishna and always remember that he stands behind you." Fear is a quality that hinders our progress towards the Supreme Goal. In this simple saying Mother reassures us that there is nothing to be worried abo...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2004 2:54am
by Paritosh
A favorite quotation
This quotation means a lot to me: "Is the Master's hair a mere trifle? After his passing way I carried his hair to Allahabad to offer it at the confluence of the sacred rivers. The water was still. As I held the hair in my hand suddenly a wave rose and carri...
Views: 207   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 16, 2004 9:08pm
by Vriju
Navaratri Day Three
What is Mother really saying? "One finds faults in others after bringing one's own mind down to that level. Does anything ever happen to another if you enumerate his faults? It only injures you. "This has been my attitude. Hence I cannot see anyone's faults. If...
Views: 187   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2004 8:36am
by Paritosh
Appreciation
Dear Sarada: Thank you thank you for coming to me. I am in deep awe and appreciation. Phyllis L.
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 15, 2004 11:46am
by Jayanti
Navaratri Day One
Paritosh has made a wonderful suggestion. For each day of the Navaratri celebration we will consider a quote from Holy Mother. This is one of my favorites. "I am the Mother of the wicked and the Mother of the virtuous. Whenever you feel in distress say to yourse...
Views: 136   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 14, 2004 2:29am
by Paritosh
What Mother is showing me today
Hello to all my spiritual family, Just to share what Mother is showing me today (and this is EXPERIENTIAL) ...today she is showing me how to be human. Although she always points to the divine, this is what she is showing me today. Love to all, Rosemary
Views: 184   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2004 11:05pm
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
Story time
Deep Thinking requires a Disciplined Mind A Teacher was teaching arithmetic to small children. She set a problem for them to solve. 'I have twelve sheep,' said she. 'Six of them jump the fence and run away. How many would be left?' Most of the boys answered,...
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 9, 2004 3:50pm
by Vriju
Footprints
One Night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2004 3:20pm
by Author unknown
v
Vriju
Navaratri (14 - 22 October)
My humble offering to all devotees of Mother. Durga Puja or Navaratri 'Namah Tasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah!' A salutation to the Divine Mother, Durga, who is the consort of Lord Shiva, who creates, sustains and destroys the universe. Navarat...
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2004 1:15pm
by Jayanti
Surmounting doubts in spiritual life
Doubts in spiritual life are a constant companion that are left behind only when realization occurs. We all have spent so much time and continue to spend time when we wonder and doubt and mistrust what we have perceived to be the truth. Those days are horrible and co...
Views: 212   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2004 12:28pm
by Vriju
v
Vriju
Prayer of a Devotee
Prayer of a Devotee Whatever comes comes through you; whatever disappears disappears because of you. Though I am aware of this truth, I am not remaining tranquil. Instead, my mind, jumping around as ‘I’, feels alternately happy and miserable. Even i...
Views: 197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 6, 2004 11:32am
by Vriju
Self-surrender
Since many days I have been thinking about this quality. We all are aware that true self-surrender is extremely difficult and I will not go into that analysis. My question is when I have surrendered (for that small moment in time or about an issue) all to the Mother...
Views: 200   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 3, 2004 11:13am
by Vriju
Pranam to the lotus feet of The Holy Mother.
My wife, Jharna Dey and I offer our sincere Pranams to the lotus feet of Holy Mother. We wish that we could have joined in the celebrations. I realise this with a very heavy heart, while fighting hard to sustain a decent living through my new venture. Both me and my...
Views: 174   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 27, 2004 12:39am
by Samir Ranjan Dey
p
P
Ma Please help me
Ma All these times you have been with me and suddenly I find myself alone. I know it is my fault, it is me who has lost your hand while travelling thru all these chores of life. I want to get back to my original self, the way I was, the happy and peaceful way. Ple...
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 25, 2004 1:34pm
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
Today's Thought
"The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer, and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling for different things, I possess God in as great tranquillity as if I were upon my knees at the blesse...
Views: 173   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 25, 2004 1:14pm
by Jayanti
A question
When neither japa or meditation or books or devotional music, nothing seems to lift the mind what should one do?
Views: 182   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 21, 2004 11:28pm
by Paritosh
v
Vriju
Retreat Notes
I share my notes from the retreat on the Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 5) which I attended recently. Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 5 The Yoga of Renunciation The Chapter starts with a question dealing with what Sri Krishna has said in the previous two chapters. Arjuna find...
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 3:08am
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Story time: Who is a Great Devotee?
This morning I received my copy of the September issue of SAMVIT. What follows is an extract from Mataji Pravrajika Bharatiprana's article 'For Dedicated Devotees', which I wish to share with you. Sri Ramakrishna used to tell a story about Narada who had grown ver...
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 3:01am
by Jayanti
v
Vriju
Story time: Truth knocks at our door
It is said that for the things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be ready to abandon our views about them. The Buddha told a story about this. A young widower, who loved his five-year old son very much, was away on business, and bandits came, burned down his...
Views: 191   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 12, 2004 4:45pm
by Rosemary
v
Vriju
Story time: Uprightness
Mullah Nasruddin found a diamond by the roadside, but, according to law, finders become keepers only if they first announced their find in the centre of the marketplace on three separate occasions. Now, Nasruddin was too religious-minded to disregard the law and too...
Views: 201   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2004 12:50pm
by Jayanti
b
bluto
visit to sarada math pune
Dear All, After a long time i got the opportunity to visit the sarada math in pune. the Place is beautiful, serene....when im there i feel uplifted! the head of the math Sri Yogapranna Maa , though not keeping too well , did give me darshan, and although in pa...
Views: 218   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2004 6:25am
by Vriju
Japa and Mantra
Hello to all, Received the book we spoke of and am enjoying it. I see what is meant by it's being "tough" A question has formed in my mind about japa and mantra. Mother taught repetition of the name of God for spiritual progress. Not being conscious of any...
Views: 187   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 29, 2004 10:08am
by Paritosh
Are we are we her own?
Hello to all my spiritual family. I had something to say today, as I had a really humiliating day at work. Mother said that she was Mother to all, even sinners?But there were times when people touched her, she felt as if she were "burned" and had to bathe with...
Views: 240   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 16, 2004 4:57pm
by bluto
Ramakrishna, Mother and Daily Life
Hello friends, I've been looking, but no one is posting. I am loathe to always speak, but finally want to say this... I am so thankful that I have readings of Mother's life to help in daily life. There are so many things that help me as a woman. One hardly...
Views: 238   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 5, 2004 11:54pm
by Paritosh
b
bluto
Thank You Mother.
Dear all, whenever i am feeling low i come to this forum - and it has always provided me relief. Of late i feel all messed up, my mind , my life seems all messed up - i have realised that all it takes is one incident , one mistake, one moment of passion to mess...
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 12, 2004 3:06pm
by paritosh
v
Vriju
Story time: The Doctor's Prescription
The Doctor's Prescription A man becomes sick and goes to the doctor for help. The doctor examines him and then writes out a prescription for some medicine. The man has great faith in his doctor. He returns home and in his prayer room he puts a beautiful picture...
Views: 235   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 12, 2004 2:58pm
by paritosh
Creating karma and an incident from "Holy Mother"
On page 164 of Holy Mother (Swami Nikhilananda) an incident is told that brings to mind a question of karma. The incident surrounds an untouchable who is about to be abandoned by her "paramour". Mother sent for the man and this is part of the quote, "It will be...
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 10, 2004 8:43pm
by Rosemary
Swamiji's Mahasamadhi
With the conjunction of the passing of Swami Vivekananda in 1902, on the anniversary of America's independence, so many feelings arise within me. It is believed that Swamiji chose July 4th purposely, because of his love and faith in our potential. Sri Ramakrishna...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2004 12:57am
by Jayanti
Subtle guidance and loneliness
There are very few people in mainstream society to talk to about subtle spiritual experience. I do not want to force historical facts to fit my experience. A few years ago, before I knew of Mother, I was fretting and concerned about the well-being of one of my so...
Views: 243   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2004 11:16am
by Rosemary
Guru Purnima
Today is Guru Purnima! Greetings to all of us here in the Courtyard on this auspicious occasion.
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2004 2:47am
by Paritosh
TEST
Once I complained to Rev. Pravrajika Mokshapranaji the second President of the Sarada Math, "How long will the Mother test us? Everyday there seems to be one test after another" In a serious tone she responded "Till this body lasts the Mother will continue to test"...
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2004 10:23pm
by Jayanti
She works in silence
She walks in silence and does Her work in silence. For sometime I kept quiet here in the courtyard and wanted to see how much longer would it take for Mother to manifest Herself in the courtyard. I did test Her even after there was an email from bluto and it was reas...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2004 1:07am
by Paritosh
Mother in the courtyard
I have been reading some of the old posts in the courtyard. There was so much of vibrant energy present in the past. However, this energy seems to be lacking these days and I wonder if the Mother is here in Her dormant form.We can pray asking Her to awaken once again...
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 4, 2004 1:52pm
by bluto
Our Salutations, Dear Mother
Dear Mother, it is the anniversary of the night when Sri Ramakrishna worshipped you as the Divine Mother of the Universe. Some say this was the time when the veil of forgetfulness was lifted and you became fully aware of your own Divine Motherhood. However it came...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2004 6:01am
by Jayanti
Proposal for Meditation circle
Pronam (salutation) to Maa, Thakur & Swamiji & all devotees. Can we form a meditation circle and meditate at a certain time of convenience (may be the Belur Math Arati times) for few minutes and exchange our feelings on this e-platform. May be we can start with the...
Views: 233   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 12, 2004 9:17pm
by Paritosh
Happy Mother's Day
Happy Mothers Day!!! What can a child tell you on Mothers Day? You know every step we take, you are with us on each journey that we begin and you know our deepest desires and darkest fears. Yet you love and accept us for what we are not what You want us to become....
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2004 7:37pm
by Jayanti
regarding joining in the sevasram
iam an electronics engineer . iam interested to serve the people with full of devotion . iam 24 yrs old. iam not yet married. do iameligible. please reply me as soon as possible. thank you. nalini
Views: 192   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2004 7:29pm
by Jayanti
Mayer Katha
Salutations to Thakur ! Salutations to Holy Mother ! Sri Sarada Devi---"After Thakur's passing away at the time of my departure to Vrindavan, he asked me to worship his Ishta-kavacha (holy amulet), as he stood on a step of the railway compartment." "The place...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2004 2:51pm
by Kathy Rabold
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER
Happy Birthday Mother Please bless us to enhance our spiritual life.
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2004 8:44pm
by G. Sathiyamoorth...
t
tom
Holy Mother's 150th Birthday
1853 - Sri Sarada Devi - 2003 It is truly amazing, that such a tiny lady as Sri Sarada Devi could possess a heart which is large enough to provide room for everyone who seeks admittance and still going strong into the new millenium! Jai Ma! Website...
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2004 2:48pm
by tom
Diksha Day
I was blessed with diksha (Initiation) many years ago on this day. Even after the passage of time, the memories of that day are vivid. What can a son ask or say? Doesn't the Mother know exactly what the child needs? May devotion and faith grow within me is my prayer...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2004 12:24pm
by Paritosh
I am your little son who knows nothing but your love and unprofaned ,pure life
Maa ,Bless me a lot.I always try to read your's and Thakur's stories of life from Satarupe Sarada and Kathamrita nad Lilaprasanga.I read Vivekananda also from his different small books.It gives me instant energy.I find solace and my enigma from them.I try to get rid...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2004 9:03am
by Joyanta Chakrabo...
s
Shiv
Bless us
Dear Mother, Please bless us that we may always remember you - in bad times and more importantly in good ones. Please bless us that we may always take what comes as your "prasad". Yogi Krishnaprem said - "I am may be God forsaken but never Guru forsaken."...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2004 10:47pm
by Shiv
why maa
maa i can not understand what is happning.i can feel only restless mind...u never give any consolation to me. how many years passed...without a single word consolation...how dry is my life i know it is all because of u...when will my sorrow come to an end?
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 29, 2004 8:15am
by rajavealn
a
Anon
Thank you
Mother: Thank you. Your child
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 28, 2004 10:56pm
by Anon
Greetings on Sri Ramarishna's Birthday
In my mind, Shiva Ratri means that Sri Ramakrishna's birthday is just around the corner. Because of the proximity in time, I was able to observe both during my short, three-week stay in India in 1991. Of Thakur's birthday celebration, I recall that to be able to be a...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2004 2:06am
by Paritosh
Prabuddha Bharata Jan 2004
I have just taken a glimpse at the January 2004 issue of Prabuddha Bharata. The website is http://www.advaitaonline.com/magazine/pb-best.html The material and the articles in that issue are something that all of here would enjoy. They all are on the Mother. Variou...
Views: 218   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 21, 2004 8:55pm
by Jayanti
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50