Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Satwik
July 27, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
27-July-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 5 The Mother became very much agitated and cried a great deal when she heard about the sufferings...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2015 6:38pm
by Satwik
Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.181 Sunday 26/7/15 The Master Said: "For the Kaliyuga the path of bhakti is especially good. One can realize God through bhakti too. As long as one...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2015 12:21am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 26, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
26-July-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 4 After this, a neighbour brought a newspaper and read out to the Mother that in certain places,...
Views: 112   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2015 6:58pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.181 Saturday 25/7/15 The Master Said: "It is God alone who has become all this. But in certain places - for instance, in a holy man - there is a gr...
Views: 109   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2015 12:26am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 25, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
25-July-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 3 Whenever the Holy Mother heard about some sorrowful incident, her tender heart would at once...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2015 6:54pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.180 Friday 24/7/15 The Master Said: "One ultimately discovers God by trying to know who this 'I' is. Is this 'I' the flesh, the bones, the blood o...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 24, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
24-July-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 2 The mother was then staying at the Jagadamba Ashrama in Koalpara. She was really the Mother to...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 23, 2015 6:50pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.179 Thursday 23/7/15 The Master Said: "By practice one acquires uncommon power of mind. Then one doesn't find it difficult to subdue the sense-or...
Last Post: Jul 23, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 23, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
23-July-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Readiness to bear others’ Sorrows – 1 Whenever the Mother would hear about the sorrows and afflictions of somebody, she would at on...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2015 6:55pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.178 Wednesday 22/7/15 The Master Said: "God is realized as soon as the mind becomes free from attachment. Whatever appears in the Pure Mind is th...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2015 1:06am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 22, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
22-July-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: The Transcendent Nature of the Mother – 2 A certain disciple Sri Surendranath Sarkar of Ranchi once came to see the Holy Mother. Praising the good work...
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 6:44pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.178 Tuesday 21/7/15 The Master Said: "The universe and its created beings, and the twenty-four cosmic principles, all exist because God exists....
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 21, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
21-July-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: The Transcendent Nature of the Mother – 1 I never asked the Mother about her supernatural powers or her realisations in the plane beyond the senses, nor...
Last Post: Jul 20, 2015 6:51pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.178 Monday 20/7/15 The Master Said: "The nearer you come to God, the more you feel peace. Peace, peace, peace - supreme peace! The nearer you come...
Last Post: Jul 20, 2015 1:35am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 20, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
20-July-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Grace on another – 1 Though I myself had no such experience, I was fortunate ebough to hear one day what a certain son of hers was describi...
Views: 85   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2015 6:52pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.174 Sunday 19/7/15 The Master Said: "God doesn't appear easily in the heart of a man who feels himself to be his own master. But God can be seen t...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2015 12:23am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 19, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
19-July-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Grace on Rashbehari Maharaj – 1 Rashbehari Maharaj, who was a favourite of the Holy Mother, had the good fortune to stay at the feet of the...
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2015 7:02pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.173 Saturday 18/7/15 The Master Said: "One cannot see God if one has the slightest trace of worldliness. Matchsticks, if damp won't strike fire th...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 18, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 18, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
18-July-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Combination of Girlishness and Motherliness – 5 The Holy Mother was ordinarily very humble and prone to show to others the respect due to them. Every...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2015 6:44pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.173 Friday 17/7/15 The Master Said: "Devotion to God may be said to be 'green' so long as it doesn't grow into love of God; but it becomes 'ripe...
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2015 1:41am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 17, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
17-July-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Combination of Girlishness and Motherliness – 4 The children of the Mother would be very much amused when she would get into a pique like a little girl....
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2015 7:03pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.171 Thursday 16/7/15 The Master Said: "When the dry branch of a coconut palm drops to the ground, it leaves only a mark on the trunk indicating tha...
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 16, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
16-July-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Combination of Girlishness and Motherliness – 3 Though the Mother was herself of the old type, she liked her daughters to be modern in their education...
Last Post: Jul 15, 2015 4:31pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.169 Wednesday 15/7/15 The Master Said: "Money is also a great upAdhi. The possesion of money makes such a difference in a man! He is no longer th...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 15, 2015 12:23am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 15, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
15-July-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Combination of Girlishness and Motherliness – 2 The Mother had the power to completely change that subtlest of mechanisms, the human heart, by a mere...
Last Post: Jul 14, 2015 6:41pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.169 Tuesday 14/7/15 The Master Said: "Each upAdhi [limitation imposed through ignorance] changes man's nature. If he wears a fine black-bordered c...
Last Post: Jul 14, 2015 3:32am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 14, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
14-July-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Combination of Girlishness and Motherliness – 1 Sometimes, seeing the Mother’s childish behaviour in some ordinary things, her children would be...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2015 6:48pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.168 Monday 13/7/15 The Master Said: "How is it ever possible for one man to liberate another from the bondage of the world? God alone, the Creato...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2015 12:38am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.167 Sunday 12/7/15 The Master Said: "Once a man realizes God through intense dispassion, he is no longer attached to woman. Even if he must lead t...
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 12, 2015 4:28am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.166 Saturday 11/7/15 The Master Said: "It is woman that creates the need for gold. For woman, one man becomes the slave of another, and so loses h...
Views: 105   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2015 12:11am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.165 Friday 10/7/15 The Master Said: "A man can free himself from attachment to 'woman and gold' if, by the grace of God, he cultivates a spirit of...
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2015 1:37am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.165 Thursday 9/7/15 The Master Said: "Take the instance of a mother: her son dies and she suffers bitter grief; but after a few days she forgets a...
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 9, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 9, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
09-July-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Incident of Tice cooked in Clarified Butter – 2 The Mother did not like anybody offering a higher price than the current one for milk in the hope of getting it extra pure. She us...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2015 6:44pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.165 Wednesday 8/7/15 The Master Said: "The camel loves to eat thorny bushes. The more it eats the thorns, the more the blood gushes out from its mo...
Last Post: Jul 8, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 8, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
08-July-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Incident of Tice cooked in Clarified Butter – 1 O do not remember exactly whether it was on the same day, or some other, that a consignment of Biran rice, noted as very deliciou...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 7, 2015 6:35pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.164 Tuesday 7/7/15 The Master Said: "Suicide is a heinous sin, undoubtedly. A man who kills himself must return again and again to this world and...
Last Post: Jul 7, 2015 12:06am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 7, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
07-July-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Incident of Milk polluted with dry Fish – 2 Nevertheless the thought continued to disturbed her, that the son had taken so much trouble for the milk and had brought it over such a...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 6, 2015 6:42pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.162 Monday 6/7/15 The Master Said: "God is realized by following the path of truth. One should always chant His name. Even while one is performing...
Last Post: Jul 6, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 6, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
06-July-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother receiving Service from the Son – 1 It was winter evening. The Mother was resting after her noonday meal. A son was working in the dispensary in the outer courtyard, when sud...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2015 6:38pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.162 Sunday 5/7/15 The Master Said: "But you must remember that nothing can be achieved except in its proper time. Some persons must pass through...
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 5, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
05-July-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Meaning of the Human Weakness of Incarnations – 2 All mothers look at the childish pranks and frivolities of their children with unwinking eyes, and their hearts are filled with j...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2015 6:51pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.162 Saturday 4/7/15 The Master Said: "Anger and lust cannot be destroyed. Turn them toward God. If you must feel desire and temptation, then desi...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2015 12:10am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 4, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
04-July-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Meaning of the Human Weakness of Incarnations – 1 In the world, people make mistakes or act foolishly at some time or other, and become very sorry afterwards. It just happens in...
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2015 6:43pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.161 Friday 3/7/15 The Master Said: "God cannot be realized without purity of heart. One receives the grace of God by subduing the passions - lust...
Last Post: Jul 3, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 3, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
03-July-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Incident of the severed Carpet-seat – 1 Sometimes, even when she was not sick, this attitude of a little girl would be found in the Mother. We have already mentioned about the beau...
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2015 6:46pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.161 Thursday 2/7/15 The Master Said: "Remember that dayA, compassion, and mAyA, attachment, are two different things. Attachment means the feeling...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 2, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 2, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
02-July-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s behaviour like a Small Girl – 3 Once a son of the Mother, on coming to know that she was down with malaria at the Jagadamba Ashrama at Koalpara, went to see her. T...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2015 6:44pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.161 Wednesday 1/7/15 The Master Said: "Is it possible to understand God's action and His motive? He creates, He preserves, and He destroys. Can...
Last Post: Jul 1, 2015 12:07am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 1, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
01-July-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s behaviour like a Small Girl – 2 He heard later that the substance resembling barley-meal was known as Khyna Kuta. Kedar’s mother had prepared it herself and...
Last Post: Jun 30, 2015 6:19pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.125 Tuesday 30/6/15 The Master Said: "First of all invoke the Deity, and then give lectures to your heart's content. First of all dive deep. P...
Last Post: Jun 30, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 30, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
30-June-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s behaviour like a Small Girl – 1 From the time that the Mother got sick, it was the daily routine of a son of hers to go to her every night before he retired for the...
Last Post: Jun 29, 2015 6:51pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.125 Monday 29/6/15 The Master Said: "There is no use in merely making a noise if you want to establish the Deity in the shrine of your heart,...
Last Post: Jun 29, 2015 1:11am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 29, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
29-June-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Juxtaposition of contrary Sentiments – 3 When sick, the attitude of the Mother as ‘the daughter’ would be very much manifest. It is customary for one, when assailed by trou...
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 6:43pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.158 Sunday 28/6/15 The Master Said: "Not a leaf moves except by the will of God. Where is man's free will? All are under the will of God. Ther...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 28, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 28, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
28-June-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Juxtaposition of contrary Sentiments – 2 The state of the minds of Yogin-Ma, Golap-Ma and some others was very similar to this. Witnessing the Mother’s Nirvikalpa Samadhi, her st...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2015 7:41pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.158 Saturday 27/6/15 The Master Said: "One should not think, 'My religion alone is the right path and other religions are false.' God can be rea...
Last Post: Jun 27, 2015 1:13am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 27, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
27-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Juxtaposition of contrary Sentiments – 1 It was in the prison of Kamsa that the Lord incarnated as Krishna, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki. But the radiance of his body illumined the...
Last Post: Jun 26, 2015 6:39pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.158 Friday 26/6/15 The Master Said: "I have heard that man can acquire superhuman powers through Theosophy and perform miracles. I saw a man w...
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2015 12:30am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 26, 2016 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
27-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The two phases of Mother and daughter in her – 3 The Mother was once very ill with Malaria at Jayrambati. Revered Sarat Maharaj, Yogin-Ma and Golap-Ma were hurrying from Calcutta wit...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 25, 2015 7:11pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.157 Thursday 25/6/15 The Master Said: "There is only one way to remove caste distinctions and that is by love of God. Through this divine love...
Last Post: Jun 25, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 25, 2016 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
25-June-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The two phases of Mother and daughter in her – 1 Even in the matter of ordinary daily contacts with people, the Mother would be watchful of the working of their minds and adjust her...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2015 4:16pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.157 Wednesday 24/6/15 The Master Said: "After the first storm of divine passion is quelled, one gradually understands that God alone is the High...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 24, 2016 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
24-June-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 5 The Mother had faith in all Deities and the rituals connected with their worship. She also accepted such rites as the Sraddha and Tarpa...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2015 6:34pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.157 Tuesday 23/6/15 The Master Said: "People think it is they who are great. The water from the roof flows through a spout that is shaped like...
Last Post: Jun 23, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 23, 2016 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
23-June-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 4 The Master had never visited Gaya and Puri. It was feared by him and the devotees that he was likely to attain in these places to high sp...
Last Post: Jun 22, 2015 7:19pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.156 Monday 22/6/15 The Master Said: "A householder has his duties to discharge, his debts to pay: his debt to the gods, his debt to his ancest...
Last Post: Jun 22, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 22, 2016 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
22-June-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 3 Once the Mother, at the instance of the late Balaram Babu’s son Ramakrishna Babu, his mother and other relations, went to their Zami...
Last Post: Jun 21, 2015 7:34pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.155 Sunday 21/6/15 The Master Said: "Man may be likened to grain. He has fallen between the millstones and is about to be crushed. Only the fe...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 21, 2016 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
21-June-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 2 Like the devotees of South India, the Mother blessed other devotees of different lands and races and speaking different languages with ini...
Last Post: Jun 20, 2015 7:39pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.155 Saturday 20/6/15 The Master Said: "Householders are like silk-worms. They can come out of the cocoon of their worldly life if they wish. B...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2015 12:13am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 20, 2016 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
20-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Pilgrimages to the South and other Places – 1 Just as she went on pilgrimage to the Northern parts of the country, she went to the south also with her devotee children in her later d...
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2015 6:47pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.152 Friday 19/6/15 The Master Said: "At the beginning of religious life a man makes much ado about work, but as his mind dives deeper into God...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2015 12:33am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 19, 2016 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
19-June-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother at Kamarpukur – 3 So for a short time the Mother lived sometimes in Calcutta and sometimes in Kamarpukur. Then her mother Shyamasundari Devi prevailed upon her to come and l...
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2015 7:07pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.150 Wednesday 17/6/15 The Master Said: "If a jug of water is enough to remove my thirst, why should I measure the quantity of water in the lake?...
Last Post: Jun 18, 2015 1:07am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 18, 2016 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
18-June-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother at Kamarpukur – 2 I have heard that at that time Laha’s daughter, the aged Prasannamayi, and Shankari, the younger sister of the Master’s foster-mother Dhani t...
Last Post: Jun 17, 2015 7:09pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.150 Wednesday 17/6/15 The Master Said: "If a jug of water is enough to remove my thirst, why should I measure the quantity of water in the lake?...
Last Post: Jun 17, 2015 12:10am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 17, 2016 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
17-June-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother at Kamarpukur – 1 After spending more than a year at Vrindavan, the Mother visited Haridwar, Hrishikesh, Prayag, Varanasi and some other places of pilgrimage, and then we...
Last Post: Jun 16, 2015 6:55pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.150 Tuesday 16/6/15 The Master Said: "Therefore I say that in the light of VedAntic reasoning Brahman has no attributes. The real nature of Brah...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 16, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 16, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
16-June-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother at Vrindavan After Sri Ramakrishna left his body, the Mother went to Vrindavan with some devotees and stayed there for some time. There her sorrow-laden heart got pacified somewh...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2015 7:05pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.149 Monday 15/6/15 The Master Said: "One who constantly thinks of God can know His real nature; he alone knows that God reveals Himself to seeke...
Last Post: Jun 15, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 15, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
15-June-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 5 How, after the attainment of her youth, she came to Dakshineswat and again got the touch of the infinite love of Sri Ramakrishna Deva, a...
Views: 65   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2015 7:15pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.149 Sunday 14/6/15 The Master Said: "A devotee thinks of God as he sees Him. In reality there is no confusion about God. God explains all this...
Last Post: Jun 14, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 14, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
14-June-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 4 When but a child, she had herself chosen Sri Ramakrishna or Gadadhar as her husband in a festive gathering, where people had collected a...
Last Post: Jun 13, 2015 9:15pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.148 Saturday 13/6/15 The Master Said: "As long as his self-analysis is not complete, man argues with much ado. But he becomes silent when he com...
Last Post: Jun 13, 2015 12:09am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 13, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
13-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 3 The girl made her appearance in the sea of love of a big family. She was nurtured in the Rasa of love, and it was in love that she gr...
Last Post: Jun 12, 2015 6:52pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.148 Friday 12/6/15 The Master Said: "If one analyses oneself, one doesn't find any such thing as 'I'. Take an onion, for instance. First of all...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 12, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
12-June-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 2 This was but natural that she would be a hot favourite of all. What her bachelor uncle (father’s brother) Iswar Chandra used to sa...
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2015 7:12pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.137 Thursday 11/6/15 The Master Said: "The mind will take the colour you dye it with. It is like white clothes just returned from the laundry....
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2015 12:26am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 11, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
11-June-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Sarada the gladdener of the Mukherji Family – 1 In the family of the Mukherjis of Jayrambati, a very auspicious moment came with the advent of a precious baby girl who was to be the...
Last Post: Jun 10, 2015 7:03pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.137 Wednesday 10/6/15 The Master Said: [with a laugh] "Of course you can realize God without complete renunciation ! Why should you renounce eve...
Last Post: Jun 10, 2015 12:22am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 10, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
10-June-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Love as the sustaining Principle in Life – 4 Again, a long time back, I saw on the roadside a wonderful sight which is still fresh before my mind’s eye. A dark, tall man of a...
Last Post: Jun 9, 2015 7:15pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.137 Tuesday 9/6/15 The Master Said: "It is as if the Divine Mother said to the human mind in confidence, with a sign from Her eye, 'Go and enj...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 09, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
09-June-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Love as the sustaining Principle in Life – 3 As he was saying all these, my friend’s were fixed on his daughter. He was ebracing and kissing her again, the joy of his heart shin...
Last Post: Jun 8, 2015 7:07pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.136 Monday 8/6/15 The Master Said: "The Divine Mother wants to continue playing with Her created beings. In a game of hide-and-seek the running...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
June 08, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
08-June-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Love as the sustaining Principle in Life – 2 Long ago, one day I had gone to the house of a friend of mine, to meet him after a long time. The friend was a doctor, about forty years of...
Last Post: Jun 7, 2015 7:11pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.134 Sunday 7/6/15 The Master Said: "The jnAnis, who adhere to the non-dualistic philosophy of VedAnta, say that the acts of creation, preservati...
Views: 111   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2015 12:15am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
07-June-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
07-June-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Love as the sustaining Principle in Life – 1 The devotee, like the bee, is always eager to sip the nectar of the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord too like the bumble-bee, tastes th...
Last Post: Jun 6, 2015 7:17pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.135 Sunday 7/6/15 The Master Said: "Is kAli, my Divine Mother, of a black complexion? She appears black because She is viewed from a distance;...
Views: 88   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
06-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
06-June-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Mother’s Regard for Sannyasins: Other Instances – 4 The faith and devotion that the Mother showed to the places of worship of all religions filled us with wonder. Below the Chi...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2015 7:05pm
by Satwik
s
Satwik
June 05, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
05-June-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Mother’s Regard for Sannyasins: Other Instances – 3 In the days when the Mother stayed at Kamarpukur, she built a hut for an Oriya Sadhu there. And when he was sick, she herself a...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2015 1:58am
by Satwik
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27